UCLA Race Weekend - Updates/Changes

mack champlin

Feb 15, 2012, 9:04:23 PM2/15/12
to Western Collegiate Cycling Conference Mailing List
Unfortunately we have had to cancel our criterium. See below. We are
doing our best to ensure additional events will be held on Sunday.

There is very complicated zoning between public and private roads
adjacent to the course. The entire course is public roads. However we
have closed two private driveways that allow resident access to their
homes. There is a third street that allows access to the same homes
that we expected residents to use during the race. The problem is
that the driveway is not owned by the same property group as the
homes. The property group and homeowners have teamed up and said that
no one can use this road therefore we are blocking access to the
homes. The residents claim they need to be allowed access to their
other two driveways. They contacted the sheriff and had the permits
pulled.

The Lancaster department has allowed me to extend the permits from the
road race course. We will likely replace the Crit with a hill climb
TT and possibly street sprints on the RR course.

Please keep your eyes out, I will post details and flyers for these
events as soon as possible.

For the road race you may submit a list of riders before or register
day of. Send your rider lists to:
Evan Bradish
ejbr...@gmail.com

Payment must be received on race day or on socalreg.com.

For the TT and Street Sprints on Sunday no rider list is necessary
since it is so late notice.

Sorry for the changes,
Mack Champlin

Bryan Larsen

Feb 15, 2012, 10:48:36 PM2/15/12
to mack champlin, wccc-c...@googlegroups.com
Will the TT and sprints count towards WCCC omnium points?
-Bryan

Mack Champlin

Feb 15, 2012, 10:55:19 PM2/15/12
to Bryan Larsen, wccc-c...@googlegroups.com