MPG files

Argonisius

May 24, 2009, 12:00:23 PM5/24/09
to wax-discuss
Hi, i have a question: How can I use MPG files in Wax 2.0e?

Thanks.

Chewbacca Kenobi

May 24, 2009, 12:19:44 PM5/24/09
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
Use AviSynth.

   (DirectShowSource("video.wmv", 30))

Don't as how to make AviSynth files, I've explained it several times.

Chewbacca Kenobi

May 24, 2009, 12:21:33 PM5/24/09
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
Also, instead of video.wmv, you can do video.mpg, video.mpeg, video.AnyVideoTypeExceptAvi, etc...

Argonisius

May 24, 2009, 1:20:52 PM5/24/09
to wax-discuss
So, if i want to make some special effects in MPG video, i must
convert it to some supported format?

safesurfer

May 24, 2009, 2:53:17 PM5/24/09
to wax-discuss
You don't have to convert it, as Chewbacca said, you can load it into
Wax via Avisynth (which does not convert it, merely serves the video
to an application.)

If you want to encode the output as MPEG, you could use the Debugmode
Frameserver to frameserve the output to the MPEG encoder of your
choice, Wax only natively renders to an AVI container format.

Chewbacca Kenobi

May 24, 2009, 4:39:09 PM5/24/09
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
If you choose to render only video, wax can export to MPEG-1, though MPEG-2 and MP4 are not supported natively.

Argonisius

May 25, 2009, 7:45:09 AM5/25/09
to wax-discuss
Sorry for that stupid question: How can I load it into Wax via
Avisynth? I´m newbie there, so I don´t know how can I do it. Thanks
for help.

Argonisius

safesurfer

May 25, 2009, 8:51:06 AM5/25/09
to wax-discuss
Here's a quick way, assuming you have already installed Avisynth.

Open Notepad (or some other text file editor on your PC.)

The most simple script would be -

DirectShowSource ("Drive:\Path\Yourvideofile.mpg")

Note: You need the quote marks around the file path.

Save the file as Yourvideo.avs

Now open Wax and use the Add media button, choose the .avs file and it
should load the video and audio.

Argonisius

May 25, 2009, 10:12:50 AM5/25/09
to wax-discuss