ANC 5A Community Meeting

ripprerston

Apr 19, 2011, 3:14:03 PM4/19/11
to ward...@googlegroups.com, Broo...@yahoogroups.com, northmichigan...@yahoogroups.com

          MONTHLY COMMUNITY MEETING

                                 ANC 5A

                             Agenda Includes:
·       MPD Police Report – 5th District – Lt. Hughes
                                                      4th District – Lt Johnson
·       Office of Planning – Steven Cochran or Deborah Crain Kemp
·       Councilman Harry Thomas
·       Ward 5 School Board Rep - Mark Jones
·       Community Concerns

Date:    Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Time:    6:30PM – 9PM
            Place:  St. Anthony Church Hall
                        3400 12th Street, NE

PMM...@aol.com

Apr 25, 2011, 12:20:08 PM4/25/11
to ward...@googlegroups.com
Rip,

We will be out of town, however, I know you can help us with the following:

If you can, please vote for Vincent Orange tomorrow and "please call your DC folks to also to vote for him."  This election, to me and others believe that this will be the last time that folks of color will be able to determine our own "DC" destiny, openly, I think, personally.

Peace and harmony to you and your family, friend.

Pierpont

--
Ward...@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.

tim clark

Apr 25, 2011, 12:48:26 PM4/25/11
to ward...@googlegroups.com
Just curious. Why would this be the last time blacks could determine our own DC destiny? Do blacks have a different destiny from the other races in the city?

Tim Clark

Apr 27, 2011, 9:47:35 PM4/27/11
to ward...@googlegroups.com, wa...@yahoogroups.com
Rob,

Thanks for your comments. I'm a bit more disturbed now then I was before that no one seems to take issue with the comment. A comment like this should not be the norm in our diverse city. The race bating that took place the days leading up to the election was disgusting and showed how divided we really are as a city.

I'm really interested in peoples honest perspective on this issue.

Tim Clark