paint and hazardous chemical collection

Daniel Creen

Jul 18, 2020, 5:59:40 PM7/18/20
to Walnut Crossing NA
The Austin recycle and reuse drop-off center has been closed until further notice due to Covid-19, but their web site says you can schedule a pick-up from your house.
I've seen neighborhood collections for dropoff within this group before.  Is there any interest in scheduling a group pick-up?

Melissa Wile`

Jul 18, 2020, 6:30:34 PM7/18/20
to Walnut Crossing
I am interested. We have some paint we need to get rid of.

Marie Geisler

Jul 18, 2020, 7:54:58 PM7/18/20
to meliss...@gmail.com, Walnut Crossing
Not sure which button I pushed, but I too am interested in a group pickup.

MARIE G

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 18, 2020, at 5:30 PM, Melissa Wile` <meliss...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am interested. We have some paint we need to get rid of.

Michelle Duncan

Jul 18, 2020, 7:59:57 PM7/18/20
to geis...@yahoo.com, meliss...@gmail.com, Walnut Crossing
We have some things that need to go.a group puck up would be great!

Michelle Angelique Duncan
Twilight Faerie
Paintings, Florals & holiday decor
On Etsy & Fine Art America

On Jul 18, 2020, at 6:54 PM, 'Marie Geisler' via Walnut Crossing <walnutc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Not sure which button I pushed, but I too am interested in a group pickup.

traceylboyle

Jul 18, 2020, 8:18:56 PM7/18/20
to Walnut Crossing
I am also interested. I have a bunch of paint that needs to be recycled

Susan Dow

Jul 18, 2020, 8:27:13 PM7/18/20
to geis...@yahoo.com, meliss...@gmail.com, Walnut Crossing
I am interested.
Susan Dow

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 18, 2020, at 6:54 PM, 'Marie Geisler' via Walnut Crossing <walnutc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/walnutcrossing/A2220F38-68DB-4294-9BFB-18D1B07A6EBC%40yahoo.com.

dcreen

Jul 20, 2020, 1:47:06 AM7/20/20
to Walnut Crossing
It looks like there's interest, so I will call the city tomorrow for details on scheduling a pickup.  I have a pallet to put paint cans on, but I'm not sure where to put it, or if one pallet will be enough.  So, contact the city first, then work out the details.

Linda Aronovsky Cox

Jul 21, 2020, 6:34:48 AM7/21/20
to Walnut Crossing
If they’re picking up paint, would they pick up styrofoam too? I’ve got a large bag. Thanks for checking.

dcreen

Jul 21, 2020, 11:51:15 AM7/21/20
to Walnut Crossing
The phone queue was busy at the city recycling center; I was switched to a callback message, but never got the callback.
I'll try again today, and ask about lot canisters and styrofoam.
It sounds like we could end up with a lot of stuff, and will need to figure out a suitable place to gather it all.

Sabrina Santos Joplin

Aug 26, 2020, 1:53:23 PM8/26/20
to UltraMobileDan, Walnut Crossing
Hi,

I just got a notification for the paint and hazardous material clean-up e-mail thread that was going around earlier, but the last message I saw was sent in late July.  Was there a later message?  Did this ever happen or are we still working on getting a pick up schedule? If so was it easy enough? I have a bunch of styrofoam and other hazardous waste to drop off as well and I  would be curious what everyone's experience is.

Sabrina

Daniel Creen

Aug 29, 2020, 10:50:22 AM8/29/20
to Sabrina Santos Joplin, Walnut Crossing
With the city's hazardous waste center closed, they will only schedule pickups - no drop offs.
I left a few phone messages without getting a response.  I just found an online pickup request form, and filled it out, commenting that I want to set up a neighborhood bulk collection of a pallet or more, and would need to know a pickup day.
I'll see what response I get from that.

In any case, individually we can all schedule pickup online.