error in tutorial: Android Cloud to Device Messaging (C2DM) - Tutorial v. 1.2

francesco nerieri

Nov 14, 2011, 6:34:50 PM11/14/11
to vogella
Hi,
In your document section '2.2. Getting the registration ID for
themobile app' you state: ' The "sender" is typical an email address
butis currently not used.'This is incorrect, the sender is a mandatory
field and MUST be theemail address that the developer used to register
with the C2DMservice.If this field is not setup correctly you will
receive an error codeform the servers stating that the registration is
invalid. I will soonroll out a change to return a mismatch sender id
error code.

Please also update section '4.2. Create receivers and activities'.
Inthe last snippet of code in that section there is a line that
reads:"""// Sender currently not usedintent.putExtra("sender",
"nons...@gmail.com");"""
please state that the sender must be the email address the
developerused to register with the C2DM service.

Thanks!

---
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104524825852741167674

Lars Vogel

Nov 14, 2011, 6:44:24 PM11/14/11
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for the info.

I believe I tested it without a valid email and I believe it worked. But obviously you now better as lead developer... :-)

I change the tutorial soon. I'm currently at Devoxx (actually talking about Android Development) but will fix the tuterial as soon as I find the time.

Best regards, Lars

2011/11/15 francesco nerieri <francesc...@gmail.com>

Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Eclipse, Android and Java Tutorials
http://www.twitter.com/vogella - Lars on Twitter

Lars Vogel

Dec 6, 2011, 3:08:42 PM12/6/11
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Fixed.

Pasquale Perozzino

Feb 8, 2012, 1:37:19 PM2/8/12
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

and what about the "nons...@gmail.com" ?
Is it the mail I registered for the C2DM or must it be one of the gmail accounts the user have on his phone?

Thanks.

Lars Vogel

Feb 8, 2012, 1:41:22 PM2/8/12
to vog...@googlegroups.com
You have to use your email which is registered. I think this is described in the tutorial....

Pasquale Perozzino

Feb 8, 2012, 4:30:16 PM2/8/12
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is.
last clarification: the email and the password that I specify to retrieve the AUTH token is the same I used to registrate to C2DM, isn't it?
Thanks!

Lars Vogel

Feb 8, 2012, 5:18:01 PM2/8/12
to vog...@googlegroups.com