Jimmy Bogard to talk about TDD at The VAN meeting for 2/11!!!!!!!!!

zachariahyoung

Feb 8, 2009, 3:50:31 PM2/8/09
to Virtual ALT.NET
Mini Topic: stored proc is dead
This week's mini topic will be stored proc is dead. I do not have
anyone to lead this discussion yet, but I'm sure everybody can provide
their experience on this topic. The mini topic will be what we start
the meeting off with each week. It will act as an ice breaker for the
group. The purpose of mini topic is to provide people with knowledge
about a topic so they can talk intelligently about the topic the next
day at work. If you are struggling to introduce a ALT.NET topic and
need to talk to someone that has already had the experience in
explaining the same topic, then let me know what your mini topic is
and maybe we could address it in another meeting.

Main Subject: TDD by Jimmy Bogard

Time:
Start Time: Monday, Feb 09, 2009 9:00 PM GMT -6 (CST)
End Time: Monday, Feb 09, 2009 12:00 PM GMT -6 (CST)
Attendee URL: http://snipr.com/virtualaltnet (Live Meeting)

Topic:
At what level is it appropriate to do TDD, are there different levels/
surface areas, or does every class need a test?

Bio:
Jimmy Bogard is a software developer based out of Austin, Texas with
Headspring Systems. Jimmy has developed professionally for four years
and unprofessionally for five years before that. Jimmy specializes in
using Agile and XP practices to deliver .NET solutions.

Paul Batum

Feb 8, 2009, 6:21:54 PM2/8/09
to virtua...@googlegroups.com
Zach,

I responded to your post on the aussie alt.net list but I figured it would be worth doing it here also:

Is this on Monday or on Wednesday? I thought the european VAN was on the Monday.

Paul Batum

Zachariah Young

Feb 8, 2009, 6:24:56 PM2/8/09
to virtua...@googlegroups.com
I messed up.  The Europen Van is Monday and ours is Wednesday.

Thanks for catching this.

Zach
--
Zachariah Young
President of NW Arkansas .Net User Group

eric.humphrey

Feb 11, 2009, 10:55:44 PM2/11/09
to Virtual ALT.NET
This was a good conversation. Sorry to hog the first half-hour, but
hopefully others got something out of it. Glad to participate.

--Eric