vim: Align plugin (Dr.chip) for unicode (e.g. Chinese/Japanese)

ping

May 20, 2012, 5:43:46 AM5/20/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
hi experts (Dr. chip):
I tried Align plugin and found it cool! now comma (or other) seperated
files are not an issue...
http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#ALIGN
(plus the Sum plugin now I can even calculate the value like Excel..)
http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#SUM

the only obvious issue is that it might have issue align colomns when
there are chinese/Japanese charactors

are there any workaround?

thanks!

regards
ping

Christian Brabandt

May 20, 2012, 7:36:21 AM5/20/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi ping!

On So, 20 Mai 2012, ping wrote:

> hi experts (Dr. chip):
> I tried Align plugin and found it cool! now comma (or other)
> seperated files are not an issue...
> http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#ALIGN
> (plus the Sum plugin now I can even calculate the value like Excel..)
> http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#SUM
>
> the only obvious issue is that it might have issue align colomns
> when there are chinese/Japanese charactors

Try the csv filetype plugin. It allows to align the columns like in
Excel and also provides a Sum command.

regards,
Christian

Charles E Campbell Jr

May 20, 2012, 3:32:19 PM5/20/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Can you give me an example file where there's a problem? Also, see if
the help for :align-utf8 helps you.
Is the problem you're having with Align or with Sum?

Regards,
Chip Campbell

ping

Jun 8, 2012, 3:46:53 PM6/8/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Charles Campbell
I guess this align issue is related to Chinese character, or maybe my terminal. not sure it's Vim related...
please correct me if I'm wrong...
thanks!

attached is a gif showing the issue.

:Align ,             ;works great with Chinese

now the problem:
6zl           ;moving right ,now it messed up a bit.
temp.gif