:set wrap Range

1 view

Paul

Jun 29, 2010, 10:34:36 AM6/29/10
to vim...@googlegroups.com
It would be cool if we could :set wrap or nowrap on particular lines but not others. I tried it already (of course) but it said no range allowed. What do you think about adding this feature in a future version perhaps?

--

.

Tony Mechelynck

Jul 7, 2010, 6:09:57 PM7/7/10
to vim...@googlegroups.com

Well, what we already have is folding; you could also harness the
CursorMoved,CursorMovedI events to wrap or unwrap the whole file
depending on what you need at the moment; or else, use

:map <F8> :set wrap!<CR>
:imap <F8> <C-O>:set wrap!<CR>

to toggle it by a single keystroke.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
In Blythe, California, a city ordinance declares that a person must own
at least two cows before he can wear cowboy boots in public.