vimball: vulunerable to empty file

motz

Feb 10, 2011, 10:04:21 PM2/10/11
to vim_use
Hi,

I have .vba including a empty file attached below.
:VimballList command shows error message attached.
:Mkvimball does not exclude empty file on the other hand.
I think some protection for empty file is needed.

Regards,
Motoya Kurotsu
------------------something.vba-----------
Vimball Archiver by Charles E. Campbell, Jr., Ph.D.
UseVimball
finish
doc/something.txt [[[1
0
----------------- error message -----------
Vimball Archive Listing
files would be placed under: /home/kurotsu/.vim
would extract <doc/something.txt>: 0 lines
Error detected while processing function vimball#Vimball:
line 115:
E16: Invalid range: silent 6,5yank a

Charles E Campbell Jr

Feb 11, 2011, 9:13:31 PM2/11/11
to vim...@googlegroups.com
motz wrote:
> Vimball Archiver by Charles E. Campbell, Jr., Ph.D.
> UseVimball
> finish
> doc/something.txt [[[1
> 0

Interesting -- I suppose nobody's tried making a vimball with an empty
file before. Anyway, I've uploaded v33a onto my website that appears to
avoid any unpleasantness from empty files. It doesn't save them,
though. You should be able to get a copy using
http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#VIMBALL .

Regards,
Chip Campbell