Windows version with Python, Ruby and Lua support?

Didly Bom

Aug 20, 2010, 5:57:13 AM8/20/10
to v...@vim.org
Hi,

this is my first post on this list so first I'd like to thank all the Vim contributors for your work on this awesome piece of software that is VIM.

That being said, I have a question regarding python, ruby and lua support (or lack thereof) on the official Vim installer for windows.

I am trying to use some vim scripts that require python or ruby support (such as command-t) but when I try to use them on a fresh install of Vim 7.3 on windows they do not work.

I've searched on the vim webpage for links to the versions that include support for these external languages but I have not found them. I also wonder why the default windows installer does not ship with support for python and ruby. In my opinion the additional file size should not be a problem for most users.

So if you could point me to where I could download the versions of vim and gvim that have this language support I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance,

Angel

H Xu

Aug 20, 2010, 6:13:18 AM8/20/10
to vim...@googlegroups.com
> --
Hello,

You need to download python26.dll( or python27.dll, I don't remember)
from python.org and put it in gvim's directory.

Regards,
Hong Xu
2010/8/20

Ben Fritz

Aug 23, 2010, 11:45:17 AM8/23/10
to vim_use

On Aug 20, 4:57 am, Didly Bom <didly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So if you could point me to where I could download the versions of vim and
> gvim that have this language support I would be very grateful.

The default installer on vim.org contains the language support you
desire, but set up for dynamic loading. You just need to have the
language you desire installed to a place where Vim can find the
appropriate .dll file. I don't know the details as I do not use any of
these within Vim.

Didlybom

Aug 24, 2010, 5:52:31 AM8/24/10
to vim_use
Thank you guys,

I did not see your message until today. In fact I thought that my
message had not been received on the forum and I resent it, creating
another thread in which I got some additional answers.

Since I have Python (2.6) installed in the default path and I can use
it from the command line on windows, I am surprised that vim did not
find it. That is what made me believe that the official vim release
does not have python support enabled.

Cheers,

Angel

Didlybom

Aug 24, 2010, 7:51:09 AM8/24/10
to vim_use
I managed to get this working. It seems that my python installation
has been corrupted.

Thanks for the help.

Angel