Generating html documentation with hlink to jump easily

epanda

Aug 29, 2010, 9:49:36 AM8/29/10
to vim_use
Hi,

I know the html converter into Gvim but I would like to convert my
plugin help documentation into html that can take care about hlink.

Thank you

nb : maybe latex can help me?

Luc Hermitte

Aug 30, 2010, 5:10:35 AM8/30/10
to vim use
Hello,

"epanda" wrote:

> I know the html converter into Gvim but I would like to convert my
> plugin help documentation into html that can take care about hlink.

Ages ago, I patched a perl script that runs the HTML converter in vim, and then add all the hyperlinks that make sense (plus a few other things).
I haven't run it for a long time, so I don't know how it will do with vim latest versions.

-> http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/tools/ (don't forget the perl module VimDetect.pm)

HTH,

--
Luc Hermitte
http://lh-vim.googlecode.com/

Ben Fritz

Aug 30, 2010, 10:28:34 AM8/30/10
to vim_use, pe...@peterodding.com

On Aug 30, 4:10 am, Luc Hermitte <hermi...@free.fr> wrote:

> Ages ago, I patched a perl script that runs the HTML converter in vim, and then add all the hyperlinks that make sense (plus a few other things).
> I haven't run it for a long time, so I don't know how it will do with vim latest versions.
>
> ->http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/tools/(don't forget the perl module VimDetect.pm)

I don't believe I've seen yours before, Luc. This is the one I
remember reading about:

http://peterodding.com/code/vim/publish/

Either of these look pretty interesting. I may need to see what they
can do.

Both you and Peter Odding should be sure to take a look at the options
described in :help :TOhtml if you haven't already, to see how they
interact with your scripts.

Some recent changes of note that I could envision affecting things
are:

1. Now defaults to using CSS rather than <font>, etc.
2. When the current buffer has 'diff' set, will default to creating a
side-by-side diff view instead of the usual single-buffer view.
3. Now supports the conceal feature, so if you're depending on the
concealed tokens for any of your hyperlink or keyword detection (e.g.
in :help documents), it could cause problems.

There may be others as well, or features you may want to turn off for
efficiency such as the progress bar.