Lion-style Vanishing Scrollbars for MacVim?

Bob

Sep 1, 2011, 6:56:29 AM9/1/11
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Are there any plans to put the Lion-style vanishing scrollbars on MacVim?

Dominik Gehl

Sep 1, 2011, 7:13:00 AM9/1/11
to vim...@googlegroups.com
+1 Agree, would be a nice to have !

Dominik

Le 2011-09-01 à 6:56, Bob <drbob...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Are there any plans to put the Lion-style vanishing scrollbars on MacVim?

björn

Sep 1, 2011, 7:26:41 AM9/1/11
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 1 September 2011 13:13, Dominik Gehl wrote:

> Le 2011-09-01 à 6:56, Bob a écrit :
>
> Are there any plans to put the Lion-style vanishing scrollbars on MacVim?
>
> +1 Agree, would be a nice to have !

I do want to add the Lion-style scrollbars, but it seems to involve
quite a bit of work unless you use the NSScrollView class. Since
Vim's scrollbars are not compatible with NSScrollView (it only
supports one scroller, whereas Vim can have many) I have to use the
NSScroller class directly. Unfortunately with NSScroller it seems you
have to do all drawing etc. manually, which is a pain.

If anybody has any tips / examples on how to do the Lion-style
scrollers without NSScrollView please let me know.

Björn