MacVim.app - Snapshot 48

björn

Aug 14, 2009, 7:17:22 PM8/14/09
to vim_mac
Hello,

I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to:

http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

Please download and test it so that I can update the Appcast. There
are some fairly large updates to the code this time around so do be
extra attentive.

My main focus this time around was to improve the situation for
international users of MacVim. As a result I also ended up
refactoring keyboard input which will benefit pure ASCII users as well
in that it is now possible to bind to more key combinations than
before (e.g. binding to numeric keypad works). This refactoing also
has the benefit that IM specific shortcuts work properly (e.g.
Ctrl+Shift+k, Ctrl+j, etc. on Kotoeri).

First out is better support for the 'noimd' option (which is off by
default nowadays, so you'll have to switch it on first) on Mac OS X
10.5 (sorry 10.4 users, this requires an API which was introduced in
10.5). Basically, you can use separate keyboard layouts in normal and
insert mode. For example: use US layout, enable 'noimd', switch to
insert mode and choose another layout. When you switch between normal
and insert mode these layouts will toggle automatically. See ":h
macvim-international" for more information.

Secondly, "marked text" (text that is being preedited) is now drawn by
Vim instead of being drawn "on top" of existing text. I hope this
will be of great use to CJK users in particular (please let me know).

Here are all the changes since snapshot 47:
- ATSUI clips text to display cell to avoid "bleeding"
- The pwd is set properly when dropping a folder on the Dock
- Add Vimball (.vba) as a supported filetype
- Refactored input code (e.g. can now bind to numeric keypad)
- Improved IM support (separate keyboard layouts in normal/insert
modes using the 'noimd' option, see ":h macvim-international")
- Draw marked text inline (listed as +xim in ":ver")
- Add user default MMUseInlineIm (use to disable above feature)
- Update Vim source and runtime files

Björn

björn

Aug 14, 2009, 8:46:43 PM8/14/09
to vim_mac
2009/8/15 björn:

> I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot
>
> Please download and test it so that I can update the Appcast.  There
> are some fairly large updates to the code this time around so do be
> extra attentive.

A warning: don't bother with this snapshot if you are running Tiger
(10.4). I just received a report that arrow keys are not working
properly on Tiger. No problems (so far) on Leopard (10.5) though.

Björn

Michael Wookey

Aug 15, 2009, 8:50:34 AM8/15/09
to vim...@googlegroups.com
2009/8/15 björn <bjorn.w...@gmail.com>:

> I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

FYI - It appears that this snapshot breaks the use of i_CTRL-h. I'll
bisect and see if I can find the guilty commit.

björn

Aug 15, 2009, 9:45:03 AM8/15/09
to vim...@googlegroups.com
2009/8/15 Michael Wookey:

Oh no. I tested all of this carefully only to then do a change which
broke things. There are a few CTRL-keys that do not work at the
moment (Ctrl-@, Ctrl-o, ...). Most I have a quick fix for, but not
all -- this will require some thinking.

Björn