<K> not working correctly: WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

Ivan

Apr 14, 2011, 10:49:37 PM4/14/11
to vim_mac
When pressing <K> on keyword, in terminal vim it will produce the man
page correctly.
However, in MacVim, it generates a warning:

WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

The ANSI control sequence is then display and not correctly escaped.
A screenshot can be found here:

http://d.pr/E5T1

Help needed, thanks!

Tony Mechelynck

Apr 15, 2011, 6:01:12 AM4/15/11
to vim_mac
This is not specific to MacVim, I get it also on Linux in gvim: it
happens because the "terminal" (or pseudo-terminal) in which Vim runs
any shell command is a "dumb" terminal, which, like a teletypewriter,
can go forward but not backward. Any curses-based program (such as
less, used normally by man to display its output) which expects to use
the terminal as a TV (moving about in any direction) rather than as a
teletypewriter, may get problems.

I'll try to forward your question and this reply to the vim_use group.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Faith, n:
That quality which enables us to believe what we know to be