MacVim on Snow Leopard

björn

Sep 2, 2009, 8:59:39 AM9/2/09
to vim_mac
Hi,

Just a heads-up to Snow Leopard users:

http://b4winckler.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/macvim-on-snow-leopard/

Note: I will remove this binary when I build a snapshot, but at the
moment I am a bit too busy to do so.

Björn

Adam Mercer

Sep 2, 2009, 9:24:46 AM9/2/09
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 07:59, björn<bjorn.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

Björn

Thanks, I've noticed that this is 32bit and your recent commit to the
repo seems that you've disabled building it 64bit. Is this due to
Carbon calls that haven't been transitioned to 64bit or is there
another reason? And are there any plans to fix this in the future?

Cheers

Adam

björn

Sep 2, 2009, 10:01:25 AM9/2/09
to vim...@googlegroups.com
2009/9/2 Adam Mercer:

> Thanks, I've noticed that this is 32bit and your recent commit to the
> repo seems that you've disabled building it 64bit. Is this due to
> Carbon calls that haven't been transitioned to 64bit or is there
> another reason? And are there any plans to fix this in the future?

No, it is due to lack of time on my behalf: the Vim binary built as 64
bit but the MacVim binary built as 32 bit and I have not yet
investigated why. To quickly fix this I simply built the Vim binary
as 32 bit.

Björn

Adam Mercer

Sep 2, 2009, 11:55:35 AM9/2/09
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 09:01, björn<bjorn.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, it is due to lack of time on my behalf: the Vim binary built as 64
> bit but the MacVim binary built as 32 bit and I have not yet
> investigated why.  To quickly fix this I simply built the Vim binary
> as 32 bit.

I know what thats like, thanks for the update.

Cheers

Adam