MacVim.app - Snapshot 50

björn

Oct 9, 2009, 6:27:16 PM10/9/09
to vim_mac
Hi,

I have uploaded a new snapshot to:

http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

NOTE: This snapshot will only run on Intel processors and Mac OS X
10.5 or later. Sorry PPC and Tiger users but it was taking up too
much of my time to support three different platforms (and building a
universal binary with three architectures takes forever). It is still
possible to run the stable binary or build a custom binary if you are
using a PPC machine and/or Tiger.

With that out of the way, lets see what's changed since snap 49:

* Fixed a Cmd-key regression (it is again possible to bind to Cmd in
conjunction with Shift and Alt)
* Fixed a bug where MacVim would crash when a dialog had been opened
* IM handling has been improved (Kazuki Sakamoto)
* Window dimensions of the _first_ window are automatically saved
(":set lines" in your rc-files will take precedence)
* Fixed a very minor memory leak
* Got rid of "No connection ..." warning logged when using --remote flag
* Updated some UTIs in Info.plist (Issue 220)
* Runs as 64 bit on Snow Leopard (32 bit on Leopard)
* Python 2.5 (due to the fact that I'm not compiling for Tiger anymore)

Apart from this I have spent a lot more time than I wanted on updating
the build process and fixing little problems here and there related to
compilation on Snow Leopard. I have given up for now on getting
Sparkle to compile on all different platforms so this snapshot is
lacking support for automatic updating altogether. Hopefully I'll be
able to add this back in at a later date, but right now this is just
killing me. The MacVim plugin architecture has also been disabled in
this build -- nobody seemed to want it and I don't have the time to
maintain it (the code is still there, but its just not compiled in).
Finally, Perl is still not enabled in the snapshot -- it is more or
less impossible to build with Perl when targeting more than one
platform.

Hopefully I'll be able to work on something more interesting next (I'd
like to enable the Core Text renderer in the snapshot for instance,
and I've begun with some preliminary work on localization).

Björn

Axel Kielhorn

Oct 11, 2009, 2:58:57 PM10/11/09
to vim...@googlegroups.com