Question to vim73 after compilaton

Wojtek

Mar 12, 2011, 4:25:21 PM3/12/11
to vim...@vim.org
Hi

I'm on ubuntu 10.04.
I've compiled vim 7.3 from mercurial repo with gui options on.
My problem is as folow:
gvim runs correctly but for e.g if I run :intro or :cl the information
window
for selected option has open and immediately has close.

I mention that if I've installed gvim (7.2) from synaptic everything
work well.

What could be the reason of that?

Thanks for help the advance.

Best regards

Wojtek Branski

James Vega

Mar 12, 2011, 8:47:04 PM3/12/11
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Wojtek <bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm on ubuntu 10.04.
> I've compiled  vim 7.3 from mercurial repo with gui options on.
> My problem is as folow:
> gvim runs correctly but for e.g if I run :intro or :cl   the information
> window
> for selected option has open and immediately has close.

This is a known bug introduced by patch 7.3.137. See previous
discussions[0][1] on the list.

[0]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.vim.devel/29917
[1]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.vim.devel/29992
--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jame...@jamessan.com>

Wojtek

Mar 14, 2011, 7:52:18 PM3/14/11
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 13.03.2011 02:47, James Vega wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Wojtek<bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm on ubuntu 10.04.
>> I've compiled vim 7.3 from mercurial repo with gui options on.
>> My problem is as folow:
>> gvim runs correctly but for e.g if I run :intro or :cl the information
>> window
>> for selected option has open and immediately has close.
> This is a known bug introduced by patch 7.3.137. See previous
> discussions[0][1] on the list.
>
> [0]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.vim.devel/29917
> [1]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.vim.devel/29992
This is it.