EnhanceMent Suggestion Cursor Line And Number Line :)

Bovy, Stephen

Mar 30, 2012, 10:09:47 PM3/30/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
The High-Lighted Cursor Line (?? Could ??) "over-lay" the intersection of the High-Lighted Number-Line :)

Ingo Karkat

Apr 1, 2012, 3:53:23 PM4/1/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 31-Mar-2012 04:09, Bovy, Stephen wrote:

> The High-Lighted Cursor Line (?? Could ??) "over-lay" the
> intersection of the High-Lighted Number-Line :)

While it would be possible in the high-color GVIM to mix the colors of the
LineNr and CursorLine highlight groups, this is not generally possible,
especially in low-color terminals, and adding a new highlight group just for
this minor graphical area is probably not warranted.

-- regards, ingo

Thilo Six

Apr 1, 2012, 4:29:45 PM4/1/12
to vim...@vim.org
Hello

Excerpt from Ingo Karkat:

,----[ patch 7.3.479 ]----------------------

updated for version 7.3.479
Problem: When 'cursorline' is set the line number highlighting can't be set
separately.
Solution: Add "CursorLineNr". (Howard Buchholz)
`---------------------------------------------

--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F

Christian Brabandt

Apr 2, 2012, 5:22:40 AM4/2/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, March 31, 2012 04:09, Bovy, Stephen wrote:
> The High-Lighted Cursor Line (?? Could ??) "over-lay" the intersection
> of the High-Lighted Number-Line :)

I am not sure, I understand correctly. Do you mean like in the screenshot
vim_cul1.png (attached)? This was pre Vim 7.3.479 (see screenshot
vim_cul2.png
how it is displayed since 7.3.479) and was just changed with
the introduction of the CursorLineNr Highlighting group. I think this is
a bug, and hope this will be fixed soon.

My patch for creating a 'cursorscreenline'� contains a fix for this.

�) http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/msg/728b9df4a0c27a19

regards,
Christian

vim_cul1.png
vim_cul2.png

Bovy, Stephen

Apr 2, 2012, 12:40:58 PM4/2/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Yup , you have the right idea

Hmm having a horizontal line such as you displayed would be great

Many of the IBM 3270 emulators support a horizontal-line :) and it works very nice

On Sat, March 31, 2012 04:09, Bovy, Stephen wrote:
> The High-Lighted Cursor Line (?? Could ??) "over-lay" the
> intersection of the High-Lighted Number-Line :)

I am not sure, I understand correctly. Do you mean like in the screenshot vim_cul1.png (attached)? This was pre Vim 7.3.479 (see screenshot vim_cul2.png how it is displayed since 7.3.479) and was just changed with the introduction of the CursorLineNr Highlighting group. I think this is a bug, and hope this will be fixed soon.

My patch for creating a 'cursorscreenline'น contains a fix for this.

น) http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/msg/728b9df4a0c27a19

regards,
Christian