Objective-c syntax file

Xavier Glattard

Dec 7, 2008, 4:54:50 PM12/7/08
to vim...@vim.org
Hello

I'm not sure it's the right place...

Attached to this message is an Objective-c syntax file.
I started from the default syntax file, but it's now almost fully rewritten.
It probably needs some improvements but it looks nice for me :)
Any suggestion will be appreciated !

Feel free to add it to Vim runtime if you think it's good enough.

Regards

Xavier

objc.vim

Jjgod Jiang

Dec 7, 2008, 8:04:57 PM12/7/08
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xavier,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Xavier Glattard
<xavier....@online.fr> wrote:
> Attached to this message is an Objective-c syntax file.
> I started from the default syntax file, but it's now almost fully rewritten.
> It probably needs some improvements but it looks nice for me :)
> Any suggestion will be appreciated !

Any words on its Obj-C 2.0 [1] support? I just skimmed through it but
Obj-C 2.0 keywords like @property seemed to be missing.

- Jiang

[1] http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ObjectiveC/Introduction/chapter_1_section_1.html

Kazunobu Kuriyama

Dec 8, 2008, 12:45:04 AM12/8/08
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As you know, you have already had objc.vim syntax file sitting in
.../share/vim/vimXY/syntax for years. Therefore, for everyone who wants
to add Xavier's syntax file to Vim runtime, take care. It's not an
addition but a replacement.

By the way, not a few people tend to skip
.../share/vim/vimXY/syntax/README.txt. Though I don't think it is put in
a wrong place, it would be better to do something so that the readme
could be made easier of access.

Cheers,
Kazu, Maintainer of objc.vim

Xavier Glattard

Dec 8, 2008, 5:02:02 AM12/8/08
to vim...@googlegroups.com

Jjgod Jiang a écrit :

> Hi Xavier,
>
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Xavier Glattard
> <xavier....@online.fr> wrote:
>> Attached to this message is an Objective-c syntax file.
>> I started from the default syntax file, but it's now almost fully rewritten.
>> It probably needs some improvements but it looks nice for me :)
>> Any suggestion will be appreciated !
>
> Any words on its Obj-C 2.0 [1] support? I just skimmed through it but
> Obj-C 2.0 keywords like @property seemed to be missing.

You're right. I didnt think about obj-c 2...
If some keywords are missing, they may be added without difficulty.
Attached is a modified syntax file with (some?) objc-2 support (property...)

The most important addition of this file is the support of message
sending vs c-array (in many cases) : selectors are highligted with the
"Function" style. This was the tricky part. And i improved the message
declaration support.

All other stuff is quite standard.

- Xavier

objc.vim