python.vim syntax file is old - please update

Sven-Hendrik Haase

Feb 6, 2010, 9:55:04 AM2/6/10
to vim...@vim.org
It occured to me that the current python.vim file is still for Python
2.4 and as that is obviously rather outdated. I'd appreciate an update
to the current python.vim script files for Python 2.6.5 (and support for
Python 3.0 if possible though that might be worthy of another bug report).
I suggest updating using the most recent python.vim from this page:

-- Sven-Hendrik

Zvezdan Petkovic

Feb 6, 2010, 6:43:13 PM2/6/10
to vim...@vim.org
On Feb 6, 2010, at 9:55 AM, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:

> It occured to me that the current python.vim file is still for Python
> 2.4 and as that is obviously rather outdated. I'd appreciate an update
> to the current python.vim script files for Python 2.6.5 (and support for Python 3.0 if possible though that might be worthy of another bug report).

The python.vim file is already updated in the development trunk of vim.
Please, see

https://vim.googlecode.com/hg/runtime/syntax/python.vim

The changes are listed in the comments at the top.

> I suggest updating using the most recent python.vim from this page:

I don't.

The current python.vim in trunk also has support for Python 2.6 and 3.x.
It is simpler and production code tested.

There are numerous fixes, better syncing and support for correct highlighting of Python code in the doc strings (doctests) by switching on python mode inside a string environment.

Check it yourself. If you don't like it you can still use the script above.

Best regards,

Zvezdan