Mouse support when running in a terminal emulator wider than 223 character cells

ZNV

Jan 6, 2011, 3:43:58 AM1/6/11
to vim...@vim.org
Hello,

It would be nice to have a robust mouse tracking in vim when running in a terminal emulator window wider than 223 character cells.

The maximum reported mouse coordinates is limited to 223 due to protocol limitation (XTerm Control Sequences, http://invisible-island.net/xterm/ctlseqs/ctlseqs.txt).
Recently XTerm introduced an extended mouse tracking protocol. Basically a different encoding is used for mouse coordinates extending coordinates range greately.
This extended mode is enabled with a dedicated escape sequence; see the linked spec for mode "1005".

Also an incompatible extended mouse tracking mode "1015" exists. This one was invented by rxvt-unicode and achieves the same goal with a different encoding.

As far as I can comprehend from vim 7.3 sources (check_termcode(), src/term.c) these extended modes are not supported.

Is there anyone working on the extended modes support?

If not I am willing to spend some time implementing the requested feature.