Patch: set ft=perl6 on #!.../perl6

Michael Schaap

Jul 28, 2010, 4:12:57 PM7/28/10
to vim...@vim.org
Hi Bram,

In honour of the impending Rakudo Star release, would you accept this
patch which sets ft to perl6 instead of perl when the hashbang contains
perl6?

Thanks, and a Merry Christmas�,

� Michael

�:
http://news.techworld.com/applications/3233070/perl-creator-larry-wall-hints-at-final-perl-6-release/

ft_perl6.patch

Bram Moolenaar

Jul 29, 2010, 5:11:23 PM7/29/10
to Michael Schaap, vim...@vim.org

Michael Schaap wrote:

> In honour of the impending Rakudo Star release, would you accept this
> patch which sets ft to perl6 instead of perl when the hashbang contains
> perl6?

OK. I understand that perl6 is really a different language than perl,
right?

> Thanks, and a Merry Christmas¹,

What year? :-)

--
Hanson's Treatment of Time:
There are never enough hours in a day, but always too

Michael Schaap

Jul 30, 2010, 7:36:20 AM7/30/10
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 29-Jul-2010 23:11, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Michael Schaap wrote:
>
>> In honour of the impending Rakudo Star release, would you accept this
>> patch which sets ft to perl6 instead of perl when the hashbang contains
>> perl6?
> OK. I understand that perl6 is really a different language than perl,
> right?

Pretty much, yes. It's another language in the Perl family, which will
live side by side with Perl 5 for the foreseeable future.

>> Thanks, and a Merry Christmas�,

> What year? :-)

Why, the year that Perl 6 is released, of course. :-P

Bedankt,

� Michael