Closing tab pages through tab label context-menu

Peter Odding

Jun 20, 2010, 3:59:49 PM6/20/10
to vim_dev
Hi list,

I don't use the mouse much in Vim anymore but have nevertheless wondered
several times now why graphical Vim says the following when you
right-click a tab page label and click "Close" with a modified buffer:

E37: No write since last change (add ! to override)

I think the equivalent of ":confirm quit" would be more useful for those
few users who bother to use the tab page label context-menu. I realize
this is a minor detail in a keyboard oriented application but Vim is so
good that I can only find details to disagree with ;-)

- Peter Odding

Ben Fritz

Jun 21, 2010, 1:56:14 PM6/21/10
to vim_dev
You could :set 'confirm' and you should have what you want.

Peter Odding

Jun 21, 2010, 3:09:49 PM6/21/10
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Ben Fritz wrote:
> You could :set 'confirm' and you should have what you want.

Thanks for the hint, the 'confirm' option indeed does exactly what I had
in mind. Still a shame this isn't the default behavior when using the
context-menu, but I'll just add ':set confirm' to my ~/.vimrc and shut
up now :-)

- Peter Odding