Antw.: [vt-dev] openwrt, ahdemo etc

onel...@gmx.net

May 30, 2013, 5:45:37 AM5/30/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

as Terry and Steve have discovered, mixing ah-demo and ad-hoc in a mesh results in very low throughput, if the ad-hoc devices use ath9k. The problem is probably related to the fact that we are mixing 802.11n with 802.11g in an ad-hoc cell, and there are no beacons from the 802.11g stations, so the combination of both operates at basic rate.

Unfortunately, we have to use ah-demo with Madwifi, since the combination of an ad-hoc VAP and an AP VAP on the same interface does not work.

It just crosses my mind that nobody might have tried to switch ath9k to g-only mode yet. But that would be a suboptimal solution anyway.

Cheers,
Elektra

---
I have ceased to talk with the voice in my head. The voice in my head has stopped talking to me. I am one with the universe. The mind dissolved in a little cloud of logic. Serenity.

T Gillett

May 30, 2013, 9:33:35 AM5/30/13
to village-telco-dev

Hi Elektra

We did indeed test with ath9k in 'g-only' mode with no change to the problem.

Regards

Terry