VT-SECN in Ubnt Rocket?

Carlos Rey-Moreno

Apr 10, 2013, 3:14:19 AM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev
Good morning,

checking the list of hardware from open-wrt the Ubnt Rocket is not in there, and so I guess it would not be possible to get VT-SECN running on it, is there any way this can be done? or just wait for the people from open-wrt to provide the source?

thanks in advance,

carlos

--
Carlos Rey-Moreno
Research Assistant

Wayne Abroue

Apr 10, 2013, 3:21:36 AM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev

T Gillett

Apr 10, 2013, 3:25:42 AM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev

Carlos Rey-Moreno

Apr 10, 2013, 3:32:04 AM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev
Thanks Wayne and Terry! As I didn't see it in the open-wrt list, I did't check in the village telco, my mistake! you guys have always an answer, :-)

carlos

T Gillett

Apr 10, 2013, 3:39:24 AM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev
Hi Carlos
Glad to be of help.
The build I pointed to is the last test one that I made for the Ubiquity devices.
We have been pushing ahead with some significant changes to SECN 2.0, but I have only posted builds for TP Link devices that we we have been testing on.
We should have a new version ready in a day or so, and if you want to try it out on a Rocket, just let me know and I will make a test build for it.
If you have a TP Link device that you would like to try, just let me know also.
Regards
Terry

Carlos Rey-Moreno

Apr 10, 2013, 4:19:02 AM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev
Thank you very much Terry. It is more for a long term project we have in mind. I wanted to check before developing the idea any further, in case it was not possible, but there is nothing we're going to use in the short-term.

The TP-Link we have still sitting on the self is the MR3420 v2.1 we wanted to use it for the 3G, since last time I checked it was not supported either. do you now if now we can flash it?

carlos

T Gillett

Apr 10, 2013, 4:31:42 AM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev
OK I will make sure we get the Rocket firmware posted as soon as possible.

No problem with the 3420. I will send you a test firmware to try.

Dave Duchesneau

Apr 10, 2013, 10:58:03 AM4/10/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Terry,

The Rocket M build works on any model-dependent band, doesn’t it?  As I understand it, the band (e.g., 2.4, 5.8, 0.9 GHz, etc.) is invisible to the firmware, since the actual band-specific frequencies are mapped to 802.11 channels.  If this is wrong, please correct me.

Thanks,

Dave Duchesneau

d...@crisis-force.org

T Gillett

Apr 10, 2013, 4:43:07 PM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev
Hi Dave

I believe you are correct.

In menuconfig, the listing is just 'Ubiquity Products' and it produces firmware labeled just "-rocket-m-".

My understanding is that this firmware can be used on the various flavours of Rocket devices, but I have to say that I only have Rocket M2 to test on.

Regards
Terry

T Gillett

Apr 10, 2013, 4:46:18 PM4/10/13
to village-telco-dev
Having said all that, I have realised that the SECN interface is set up to display only 2.4GHz channels, so while it will set the channel number in the config file, it may not be a sensible channel number for a different frequency model.
More investigation required.

Bill Vodall

Apr 10, 2013, 5:49:42 PM4/10/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
> In menuconfig, the listing is just 'Ubiquity Products' and it produces
> firmware labeled just "-rocket-m-".

Will VT firmware work on the older 4 MB Ubiquity Nanostations or only
on the 8 MB (M)odern units?

Thanks,
Bill

Dave Duchesneau

Apr 10, 2013, 6:06:31 PM4/10/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Terry,

I don’t remember the specific source (other than ubnt.com, generally, for an SR9 radio card), but these are the Ubiquiti channel assignments I have for the 900 MHz band:

WiFi                 Frequency        Channel

Channel           (MHz)               Width

3                      922                   5 or 10 MHz

4                      917                   5, 10, or 20 MHz

5                      912                   5, 10, or 20 MHz

6                      907                   5 or 10 MHz

Somewhere I’ve got similar info for the 3.65 GHz band (3655, 3663, and 3668 MHz), which is mapped onto three WiFi channels (but I don’t know which three).

Unfortunately, this won’t do you much good in Australia, since 900 MHz Rocket M’s cannot be used there, and I don’t have any data (yet) for the 5.8 GHz radios.

Since you only have an M2, it sounds like you need an M5 for SECN testing…  Would that be helpful?  It should interoperate with the WDR4300.

Dave

T Gillett

Apr 12, 2013, 10:06:42 PM4/12/13
to village-telco-dev
Hi Dave

I have had a bit more of a look at this, and I am left a little puzzled.

In OpenWrt for the older AR23 based Ubiquity devices, the AA build produces files for
ubnt2
ubnt5   and
ubnt2-pico2

So clearly there is a difference between the files for the 2.4 and 5 GHz devices.

For the AR71 based Ubiquity devices however, the AA build produces only
rocket-m and
nano-m
 (plus files for a range of other devices like unif, rs, rspro etc)

So there is no distinction between devices of different frequencies.

I installed the OpenWrt standard AA buld on a Rocket-M2 and the UI displays 2.4GHz channels.

What happens if you install on a 5Ghz or 900MHz device I can only guess.
Perhaps the firmware is smart enough to determine which type of device it is on and adjust the web UI accordingly.

Regards
Terry

Dave Duchesneau

Apr 13, 2013, 4:04:20 AM4/13/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Terry,

AFAIK:

  • The 900 Mhz band is not included in the WiFi standard, so its four available frequencies have to be mapped (internally, by Ubiquiti) to existing WiFi channels, so that software won’t have to do anything special.  Just know that you are limited to AT MOST the four channels in my previous email.  You get four channels only if the channel width is 5 MHz.  At 10 MHz width you get only two channels, and at 20 MHz width you get only one channel.  Although you use a WiFi channel number from the 2.4 GHz band to control the radio, it’s not really operating on the 2.4 GHz band at all.  To the firmware/software, a 900 MHz radio should look like a 2.4 GHz radio.

  • The 5GHz band, however, is already included in the WiFi standard, and so it has channel numbers which are distinct from the 2.4 GHz band, each with its own frequency already assigned.  Thus, for the 5 GHz band, there’s no mapping going on.

  • The 3.65GHz band is not included in the WiFi standard, either, so it is mapped similarly to the 900 MHz band.  As I recall, it has at most three channels.

The OpenWRT firmware should natively support the 5 GHz band as part of the WiFi standard.  As I suggested earlier, it should see the 900 MHz radio as a 2.4 GHz radio.  The behavior is TBD if you try to operate a 900 MHz radio on a channel other than the four assigned.  I would expect it to simply not work, since that restriction would likely need to be demonstrated to the FCC to get approval in the first place.

As Ubiquiti has matured, I would have expected them to consolidate their product line to maximize the support of the developer community, so that the same software can be used across a newer radio family (e.g., Rocket M).

I’ve attached a chart of the 5 GHz channel numbers and frequencies (below).  In the USA, we’d be using the 5.8 GHz channels (149 to 165).

Dave

image001.jpg

Vickram Crishna

Apr 13, 2013, 4:18:50 AM4/13/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dave

Thanks. That is very clear.

Just out of curiosity, since frequencies are already denoted in numbers, what is the need for an arbitrary channel numbering system?

Clearly, there must be some kind of  an internal lookup to map the frequency used to the channel number selected.

My question is, and I have an application in mind here quite relevant to India, can the lookup table be hacked to run wifi on any chosen radio/band?

--
Vickram
Fool On The Hill communicall.wordpress.com

image001.jpg

Dave Duchesneau

Apr 13, 2013, 7:28:03 PM4/13/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vickram,

> …what is the need for an arbitrary channel numbering system?

In the bands where channels are assigned as part of a standard, it has to do primarily with convenience while ensuring that radios are interoperable and do not infringe on other allowed uses.  For example, 2.4GHz WiFi can only be used through channels 1 to 11 in the USA, but elsewhere some countries allow up to channel 13.  What is constant is that everyone agrees on the exact frequency at the center of each channel, as well as the channel width.  If I could tune into off-centered frequencies (accidentally or on purpose, then I could bleed over into a channel I’m not authorized to use.  Or I could obliterate two channels while using only a single channel width, like parking on the line dividing two parking spaces.  Finally, A one or two-digit channel is easier to remember and get right than a five or six-digit (or more) frequency.

> …there must be some kind of  an internal lookup to map the frequency used to the channel number selected.

Yes, but it is under the control of the manufacturer, who must abide by the rules of the relevant regulatory agencies.  Not every band necessarily has channel numbers assigned the way the WiFi standard does.  Ubiquiti assigned WiFi channels to their 900 MHz radios to make them software-compatible with WiFi radios, even though they operate on a non-interoperable frequency.  Thus, where allowed by law, a set of 900 MHz radio could provide backhaul for Mesh Potatoes, with a 900 MHz SECN mesh or a 900 MHz Ubiquity AirOS point-to-point or point-to-multipoint link setup.

> …the lookup table be hacked to run wifi on any chosen radio/band?

Not AFAIK.  The manufacturer must ensure that the users cannot adjust frequencies except using the manufacturer’s APIs.  For the record, however, Ubiquiti has some sort of built-in channel shifting scheme that allows you to “park on the line” between channels, but all your radios have to be set the same way to hear each other.

Dave

image001.jpg

daoo

Oct 5, 2013, 6:41:30 PM10/5/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I'm interested in finding out more concerning firmware for a tp-link mr3420 v2.1 router.

My search and all the post i've read as well as looking through the firmware list on village telco site doesn't give me much lead.
I have a couple of mr3420 v2.1 router so i'll really appreciate any assistance available.

I've flashed openwrt firmware so far.
Thanks

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2013, 12:15:36 AM10/6/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

The OpenWrt firmware for MR3420 V2.x has only become available in recent trunk versions, later than our current RC version.

I plan to produce a SECN firmware for it but it will be a few weeks away as I am travelling at present.

To do something immediately, you could create your own build environment using the Setup script in the vt-firmware repo on GitHub, changing the rev to a more recent version, or you can use the trunk snapshot and add the required packages with opkg, then add the SECN files as a tarball.

The latter option is probably simpler, and I will put together a post with some detail of how to do this if I get a chance in the next few days.

Regards
Terry

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2013, 2:34:46 AM10/6/13
to village-telco-dev, wa7...@gmail.com

Hi Bill

I was looking through this post and realized that your post went unanswered. Apologies.

The short answer is that the VT SECN firmware will run on any device that is supported by OpenWrt.

For the Ubiquity devices we produce images for the AR23 based devices (which I think is what you are referring to) as well as the AR71 M devices.

Please let me know if you can't find the image you need for your device on the VT Downloads page.

Regards
Terry

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2013, 9:13:32 AM10/6/13
to village-telco-dev
Hi All

Attached is a brief HowTo document and some files to allow you to upgrade from a base OpenWrt image to SECN firmware just by adding the necessary additional packages and installing the additional SECN files from tarballs built from the GitHub VillageTelco vt-firmware repo.

The example is for MR3420 and SECN 2.0 RC3 as a number of people have asked for SECN firmware for this device, but the V2 hardware is not supported at the OpenWrt build revision we are currently using for RC3.

So you can download and install a later snapshot version of OpenWrt then add the SECN components.
Be aware that snapshots are 'works in progress' so are not considered stable.

The only tricky part is batman-adv, because we need to use ver 2012.3, whereas the current version is 2013.x and this version is not compatible with the set up in RC3.

So I have included the ipk file for the batman package so you can install it manually.

Please note that I have put this HowTo together largely from memory while travelling and have not tested it, so caveat emptor, so to speak.

We will produce a SECN firmware binary for the MR3420 V2 device in due course, but in the mean time I hope this helps.

Regards
Terry
HowTo-MR3420V2.txt
secn-files-MR3420-RC3.tar
kmod-batman-adv_3.3.8+2012.3.0-3_ar71xx.ipk
secn-files-base-RC3.tar

daoo

Oct 6, 2013, 2:33:21 PM10/6/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hello and thanks for the reply. I decided to follow  your how to posted but came up with a few problem while trying to install kmod-batman and adding the SECN files. the response i receive indicate space is low on the MR3420. i'll paste in the response from the terminal below. Any suggestions on this??

Collected errors:
 * verify_pkg_installable: Only have 160kb available on filesystem /overlay, pkg libopenssl needs 621
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openssh-sftp-server

Installing kmod-batman-adv (3.3.8+2012.3.0-3) to root...
Collected errors:
 * verify_pkg_installable: Only have 48kb available on filesystem /overlay, pkg kmod-batman-adv needs 80
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-batman-adv.

root@XPLORE:/# tar -xvf /tmp/secn-files-MR3420-RC3.tar
etc/config/network
tar: can't remove old file etc/config/network: No space left on device

root@XPLORE:/# tar -xvf /tmp/secn-files-base-RC3.tar
www/cgi-bin/config/html/config.html
tar: can't open 'www/cgi-bin/config/html/config.html': No space left on device

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2013, 2:56:30 PM10/6/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Something has used up a lot of flash memory space.

Make sure that all files that you copy on to the device are copied to /tmp so that they are in RAM, not flash.
E.g.
$ scp filename ro...@192.168.1.1:/tmp

I suggest reload the firmware with the sysupgrade command.

Download the sysupgrade version of the firmware and copy to /tmp with scp.
Then
#cd /tmp
#sysupgrade -v -n /tmp/filename

When the new firmware is loaded, check the available memory with
#df -h

The opensssl library is quite large and is only required for sftp which is not essential.

So load up the extra packages again without the sftp-server package.

Hope this helps.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

daoo

Oct 6, 2013, 5:31:57 PM10/6/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

hello, could you still give me some pointers:
i've reloaded a sysupgrade file, made sure the available memory was at its max before beginning.
so far as loading in all the files and packges go, there just doesn't seem enough space left for the package SECN-file-base-RC3 after package kmod-batman-adv and SECN-MR420 have been installed and un-tarred into root/.
The current memory space left is as follows:

Filesystem                Size      Used            Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                  448.0K        324.0K              124.0K  72% /
/dev/root                 2.5M            2.5M                       0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    14.3M         920.0K               13.4M   6% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K                0                  512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock3          448.0K    324.0K          124.0K  72% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay      448.0K    324.0K          124.0K  72% /

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2013, 10:12:12 PM10/6/13
to village-telco-dev

It seems there is something wrong with the batman opkg file. I will try to send it again.

I suggest that you try installing the rest of the packages and the secn  files to get the secn interface working. The batman package can be added later.

I will be on the road for the next two weeks with little Internet access so I not be able to post much further.

On 07/10/2013 5:21 AM, "daoo" <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay though i haven't reloaded the firmware on the 1st MR3420, i decided to use the second one i just loaded in the openwrt firmware . I go as far as intall the kmod - batman. The erroe reads as follows.
Installing kmod-batman-adv (3.3.8+2012.3.0-3) to root...
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package kmod-batman-adv md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-batman-adv.

I assumed his was due to my download being imcomplete so i redownloaded but still have the same error.

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2013, 10:30:24 PM10/6/13
to village-telco-dev

What is the available memory in rootfs when the firmware is first reinstalled with sysupgrade?

Something is consuming flash space. Check with df after each step. Again, make sure that the files you are copying on to the device are going only into /tmp and not in to the current working directory which by default will be /root and will use flash.

The OpenWrt image may have additional packages installed that are using up flash space but this is not usually the case.

You can also  try just putting on the SECN files first.

If things don't work out, you might look at setting up a build environment, or wait till I get back in a few weeks and make a build for it.

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2013, 10:55:41 PM10/6/13
to village-telco-dev
Attached is a md5sums file to allow you to check accuracy of downloads.

And a copy of kmod-batman-adv again.

Also the following packages will need to be installed for full SECN functionality (eg USB modem support) if not already included in the OpenWrt image.

The only one that is essential initially is uhttpd to support the web interface.
    uhttpd
    wireless-tools
    kmod-fs-ext4
    kmod-fs-vfat
    kmod-usb-ohci
    kmod-usb-serial
    kmod-usb-storage
    comgt
    haserl
    iwinfo
    pxg5
    usb-modeswitch

md5sums-MR3420
kmod-batman-adv_3.3.8+2012.3.0-3_ar71xx.ipk

daoo

Oct 7, 2013, 1:31:39 AM10/7/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
The result of dh - f after running the sysupgrade is
Filesystem                     Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                           448.0K    220.0K    228.0K  49% /
/dev/root                          2.5M         2.5M             0 100% /rom
tmpfs                              14.3M    640.0K     13.7M    4% /tmp
tmpfs                            512.0K         0         512.0K    0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock3          448.0K    220.0K    228.0K  49% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay      448.0K    220.0K    228.0K  49% /

i'll also post in the result of dh -f after both SECN files have been loaded.

T Gillett

Oct 7, 2013, 4:49:27 AM10/7/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Check also what packages are already installed with
opkg list_installed
As that seems to be a bit smaller than I would have expected for a basic OpenWrt image.

daoo

Oct 7, 2013, 2:25:16 PM10/7/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
result of opkg list_installed:
Basically for me i don't know what packages should or shouldn't  be installed, however these are the package installeed with the openwrt firmware.

root@XPLORE:~# opkg list_installed
base-files - 117-r35050
blkid - 2.21.2-1
block-mount - 0.2.0-9
busybox - 1.19.4-5
chat - 2.4.5-8
comgt - 0.32-21
ddns-scripts - 1.0.0-21
dnsmasq - 2.62-2
dropbear - 2011.54-2
firewall - 2-55
hotplug2 - 1.0-beta-4
huaweiaktbbo - 1
iptables - 1.4.10-4
iw - 3.6-1
jshn - 2013-01-06-dde64e47cadbd245a99f145869eb400b68cc82e9
kernel - 3.3.8-1-5440da3a2c45184a32da6bba25b8dd2a
kmod-ath - 3.3.8+2012-09-07-3
kmod-ath9k - 3.3.8+2012-09-07-3
kmod-ath9k-common - 3.3.8+2012-09-07-3
kmod-atm - 3.3.8-1
kmod-cfg80211 - 3.3.8+2012-09-07-3
kmod-crypto-aes - 3.3.8-1
kmod-crypto-arc4 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-crypto-core - 3.3.8-1
kmod-fs-ext4 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-fs-vfat - 3.3.8-1
kmod-gpio-button-hotplug - 3.3.8-1
kmod-input-core - 3.3.8-1
kmod-input-evdev - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ipt-conntrack - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ipt-conntrack-extra - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ipt-core - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ipt-nat - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ipt-nathelper - 3.3.8-1
kmod-leds-gpio - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ledtrig-default-on - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ledtrig-netdev - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ledtrig-timer - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ledtrig-usbdev - 3.3.8-1
kmod-lib-crc-ccitt - 3.3.8-1
kmod-lib-crc16 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-mac80211 - 3.3.8+2012-09-07-3
kmod-nls-base - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-cp1250 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-cp1251 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-cp437 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-cp775 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-cp850 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-cp852 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-cp866 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-iso8859-1 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-iso8859-13 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-iso8859-15 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-iso8859-2 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-koi8r - 3.3.8-1
kmod-nls-utf8 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ppp - 3.3.8-1
kmod-pppoe - 3.3.8-1
kmod-pppox - 3.3.8-1
kmod-ramzswap - 3.3.8-ar71xx-1+2
kmod-rfkill - 3.3.8-1
kmod-sched - 3.3.8-1
kmod-sched-connmark - 3.3.8-1
kmod-sched-core - 3.3.8-1
kmod-scsi-core - 3.3.8-1
kmod-scsi-generic - 3.3.8-1
kmod-tun - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-acm - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-atm - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-atm-cxacru - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-atm-speedtouch - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-atm-ueagle - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-cm109 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-core - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-asix - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-dm9601-ether - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-hso - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-ipheth - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-kaweth - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-mcs7830 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-pegasus - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-rndis - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-net-sierrawireless - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-ohci - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-ark3116 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-belkin - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-ch341 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-cp210x - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-cypress-m8 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-ftdi - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-ipw - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-keyspan - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-mct - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-mos7720 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-motorola-phone - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-option - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-oti6858 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-pl2303 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-qualcomm - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-sierrawireless - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-ti-usb - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-visor - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-serial-wwan - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-sierrawireless-directip - 3.3.8-10
kmod-usb-storage - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-storage-extras - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb-uhci - 3.3.8-1
kmod-usb2 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-wdt-ath79 - 3.3.8-1
libblkid - 2.21.2-1
libblobmsg-json - 2013-01-06-dde64e47cadbd245a99f145869eb400b68cc82e9
libc - 0.9.33.2-1
libgcc - 4.6-linaro-1
libip4tc - 1.4.10-4
libiwinfo - 36
libiwinfo-lua - 36
libjson - 0.9-2
liblua - 5.1.4-8
libnl-tiny - 0.1-3
libubox - 2013-01-06-dde64e47cadbd245a99f145869eb400b68cc82e9
libubus - 2012-12-15-bb856ad8a9a1e786494d01e34bbfe2b4d2134021
libubus-lua - 2012-12-15-bb856ad8a9a1e786494d01e34bbfe2b4d2134021
libuci - 2012-03-28.1-1
libuci-lua - 2012-03-28.1-1
libusb - 0.1.12-3
libuuid - 2.21.2-1
libxtables - 1.4.10-4
lua - 5.1.4-8
luci - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-app-ddns - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-app-firewall - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-i18n-english - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-lib-core - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-lib-ipkg - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-lib-nixio - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-lib-sys - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-lib-web - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-mod-admin-core - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-mod-admin-full - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-proto-3g - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-proto-core - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-proto-ppp - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-proto-relay - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-sgi-cgi - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-theme-base - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-theme-bootstrap - 0.11+svn9599-1
luci-theme-openwrt - 0.11+svn9599-1
mtd - 18.1
netifd - 2012-12-17.1-2eca28705a27ab37ee902308af2c134c64c95e61
opkg - 618-3
ppp - 2.4.5-8
ppp-mod-pppoe - 2.4.5-8
relayd - 2011-10-24-4e8f1fa4ca2b176500362843a9e57ea5abd4b7a3
swap-utils - 2.21.2-1
swconfig - 10
uboot-envtools - 2012.04.01-1
ubus - 2012-12-15-bb856ad8a9a1e786494d01e34bbfe2b4d2134021
ubusd - 2012-12-15-bb856ad8a9a1e786494d01e34bbfe2b4d2134021
uci - 2012-03-28.1-1
uhttpd - 2012-10-30-e57bf6d8bfa465a50eea2c30269acdfe751a46fd
usb-modeswitch - 1.2.3-2
usb-modeswitch-data - 20120120-1
wpad-mini - 20120910-1

daoo

Oct 7, 2013, 2:32:08 PM10/7/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
the result of df -h after loading secn-files-mr3420-RC3.tar

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                  448.0K    232.0K    216.0K  52% /
/dev/root                 2.5M      2.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    14.3M    604.0K     13.7M   4% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock3          448.0K    232.0K    216.0K  52% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay      448.0K    232.0K    216.0K  52% /

daoo

Oct 7, 2013, 2:38:31 PM10/7/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
the result of df -h after loading secn-files-mr3420-RC3.tar
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                  448.0K    344.0K    104.0K  77% /
/dev/root                 2.5M      2.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    14.3M    892.0K     13.4M   6% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock3          448.0K    344.0K    104.0K  77% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay      448.0K    344.0K    104.0K  77% /

daoo

Oct 7, 2013, 2:40:17 PM10/7/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
the 77% overlay is after loading secn-files-base-RC3.tar.

I'll reboot and see what comes up.

daoo

Oct 7, 2013, 3:00:54 PM10/7/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Attempt to install package

Collected errors:
 * pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //usr/lib/opkg/info/kmod-batman-adv.list: No space left on device.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for kmod-batman-adv. Package debris may remain!
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-batman-adv.
 * opkg_conf_write_status_files: Can't open status file //usr/lib/opkg/status: No space left on device.

T Gillett

Oct 9, 2013, 4:44:47 AM10/9/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Daoo

Very quick reply on the road.

There are lots of packages installed in your firmware image, so short of room.

Also I reailesd that the secn file tar probably still has .git files in each folder. These can be removed to reduce size.

But I will build a clean image when I get back in a couple of weeks.

Regards
Terry

daoo

Oct 9, 2013, 5:41:35 PM10/9/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Okay, thanks very much for the assistance. Though i don't have much idea what the git files are but i'll look.
Thanks.
daoo

T Gillett

Oct 27, 2013, 3:18:55 AM10/27/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Carlos
I am putting together a build for the Mr3240 v2

Would you be able to send me a copy of the /etc/config/network and wireless files from your unit with the base OpenWrt firmware on it please?

Thanks
Terry

On 10 April 2013 09:25, T Gillett <tgil...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Carlos Rey-Moreno <carlos.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Carlos Rey-Moreno

Oct 31, 2013, 4:39:17 AM10/31/13
to village-telco-dev
Hi Terry, sorry for the delay. Here they are.

best,

carlos

network_MR3420v2
wireless_MR3420v2

T Gillett

Oct 31, 2013, 4:46:24 AM10/31/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

T Gillett

Oct 31, 2013, 5:00:24 AM10/31/13
to village-telco-dev
In most TP Link devices with OpenWrt, eth0 is used for LAN, and eth1 is used for WAN.

Interesting that in the MR3420 Ver 2 device, eth0 and eth1 have been reversed for LAN / WAN compared to the Ver 1 device.

This is like the WR841 device.

This will make it interesting for the firmware build.

Wayne Abroue

Oct 31, 2013, 5:32:19 AM10/31/13
to village-telco-dev
Yep, it can get interesting. Maybe just swapping the wires over will suffice.

Wayne A

daoo

Nov 13, 2013, 3:06:30 PM11/13/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

 Just wanted to know: any update concerning the mr3420 tp link router?

T Gillett

Nov 13, 2013, 3:27:00 PM11/13/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daoo
I tried to make a build on OpenWrt rev3780 but it only made ver 1 firmware.
Something odd happening.

I will try again with a clean build when I get home in a couple of weeks as I don't have good internet access at present.

Regards
Terry

On Nov 13, 2013 9:06 PM, "daoo" <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

 Just wanted to know: any update concerning the mr3420 tp link router?

daoo

Nov 18, 2013, 3:38:29 PM11/18/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking back. Though if u need tester i'm happy to help.

Regards.
Daoo.