Pre-Ordering Mesh Potatoes

Steve Song

Jul 3, 2009, 10:45:55 AM7/3/09
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

So at last on the cusp of actually having Mesh Potatoes in production.
We are likely to place the order for the first one hundred Mesh Potatoes
in the next week or two. This order has been generously funded by Jim
Forster. These Mesh Potatoes will not come in the housing that they
will ultimately have. It will probably be an aluminium casing or
similar. However, once we have the one hundred MPs in use and are
confident of the technology, we'll be ready to place a larger production
order.

So I have two questions.

1) Who is interested in having some of the first batch of one hundred
Mesh Potatoes? Ideally these will be people/orgs who are committed to
feeding back into the design process and helping out with the debugging.
There will not be a charge for these MPs. The only fee is
participation. If you're interested, please send me a note off-list
indicating who you are, where you plan to use them, how many you'd like,
and why you think you're a good candidate to beta-test the Mesh Potatoes.

2) In the interest of aggregating a much larger order for the
production Mesh Potatoes, would anyone be interested in pre-ordering or
conditionally placing an order for production Mesh Potatoes? I am
guessing at a ballpark price of about USD80 per unit. I'll try and
provide a more committed number soon. If you're interested, please let
me know roughly how many you'd like and when you would need delivery by.
I expect we might have these MPs ready for delivery before the end of
the year.

Thanks! Have a good weekend all.

-Steve

Mark Summer

Jul 6, 2009, 4:56:36 PM7/6/09
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

I'd certainly be interested in about 5 units ...

Mark

Mathias HOUNGBO

Jul 6, 2009, 6:33:28 PM7/6/09
to village-...@googlegroups.com
5  for me

--
Mathias HOUNGBO
Bénin Fedora Ambassador

Charles Wyble

Jul 6, 2009, 8:01:38 PM7/6/09
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Gentlemen,

I think your chances of success might be enhanced if you followed Steves
request to the letter. He asked for off list replies, and an explanation
of why you should be considered.

Just a thought. :)

Now if you were responding to item 2, then never mind. Though it's
probably best to be a bit more verbose.

Mathias HOUNGBO wrote:
> 5 for me
>
> --
> Mathias HOUNGBO
> Bénin Fedora Ambassador
> Made in Bénin - http://mathias.houngbo.net
>

> 2009/7/6 Mark Summer <mark....@gmail.com <mailto:mark....@gmail.com>>
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> I'd certainly be interested in about 5 units ...
>
> Mark
>

> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Steve Song
> <steve...@shuttleworthfoundation.org

meno

Jul 29, 2009, 11:19:48 PM7/29/09
to village-telco-dev
hello my name is Minoru Kurata Im from Paraguay

Im japanese descending but I was born here in Paraguay, located in
south america, near of Argentina,Brazil and Bolivia my country is very
poor because the politician are very corrupted, so Im interesting to
help about this project. Right now we are 4 WiFi nodes trying to
interconecting and routing our self so maybe 4 o 5 unit will be good
for testing and debugging, right now in my node Ive an asterisk server
and Im the administrator of the network

Best regards

wardialing

Aug 5, 2009, 1:18:09 PM8/5/09
to village-telco-dev

5 also for me, please.

Regards

Ronald Urbano -
Lima - Peru

On Jul 3, 9:45 am, Steve Song <steve.s...@shuttleworthfoundation.org>

marcelo balisteri

Aug 6, 2009, 9:22:42 AM8/6/09
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Como eu tinha dito anteriormente, pretendo contribuir com o desenvolvimento do mesh potato e alem disso gostaria tambem de 5 unidades para teste aqui no Brasil.

Fico aguardando contato,

Marcelo Balisteri

2009/8/5 wardialing <wardi...@gmail.com>

--
Sds,
--

Parque Online Telecomunicações Ltda
Rua Estrada Santa Marinha, 59 sala 201

Tel: +55 21 2511-6320
Cel: +55 21 96999441
E-mail: bali...@parqueonline.com.br
http://www.parqueonline.com.br/

ict4ngotimor

Aug 7, 2009, 5:45:13 PM8/7/09
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Ola Marcelo

Como esta por ai, eu sou timorenses tambem quearia testar o equipamento aqui em Timor-Leste e espero que pudemos trocar informacao entre Timor-Leste e Brasil. Relacionado com este projecto

Abraco,

Lemi

marcelo balisteri

Aug 7, 2009, 8:10:26 AM8/7/09
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Sim, muito legal a sua iniciativa no Timor-Leste e claro que podemos trocar experiencias e não só com o projeto mesh potato mais sim outras coisas relacionadas a inclusão social de digital..

se possivel dê uma olhada em um projeto de reutilização de computadores obsoletos

www.plurall.org.br

no mais o que você precisar e estiver ao meu anlcançe sera um prazer ajuda-lo..

lemi soares

Aug 7, 2009, 9:36:14 PM8/7/09
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Obrigado meu caro irmao

Abraco

Lemi

tayeb.meftah

Sep 7, 2009, 9:22:51 AM9/7/09
to village-telco-dev

hello, i'm meftah tayeb, from algeria, doing VoIp and telco
consulting, in algeria telecom. i need 2 unit for testing. thanks