Re: [serval-project-dev] linking serval mesh to village telco mesh

瀏覽次數:25 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Paul Gardner-Stephen

未讀,
2013年4月17日 晚上9:31:572013/4/17
收件者:serval-proje...@googlegroups.com、village-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

There have been no recent efforts to do this.

That said, we would love to see the necessary work happen to re-integrate the two (they used to work together).

The main issue is that Serval now uses its own VoMP (Voice over Mesh Protocol) instead of SIP+RTP for voice calls, and uses its own DNA (Distributed Number Architecture) instead of IP-based numbers.

The servald process does include SIP gateway functionality, so it would be possible to add servald to a mesh potato, and integrate it there. With some extra effort, it would be possible to completely replace Asterisk by writing a VoMP channel driver for the MP.  But it really depends on what the objective is.

Paul.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM, <bensab...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi every one, am trying to link serval mesh network to village telco mesh network. if anyone has an idea to do it please help me

Ben

ABDEL WAHID SABRE OUSMAN

未讀,
2013年4月18日 上午10:30:392013/4/18
收件者:village-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for getting back to me. the aim of my project is to use an existing mesh network to extend the range of the serval mesh, so am looking for a possibility to do this.

Kind

Ben

回覆所有人
回覆作者