Arduino Yún

Steve Song

May 23, 2013, 4:44:04 PM5/23/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to the Brck project (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1776324009/brck-your-backup-generator-for-the-internet), which I encourage everyone to support!  I came across this new initiative, the Arduino Yun, quite an exciting little project which combines the arduino with WiFi.  The MP2, the Brck, and the Arduino Yun all have the Atheros AR9331 chipset in common.

Cheers... Steve

--
Steve Song

Eric M.K Osiakwan

May 26, 2013, 5:56:27 AM5/26/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes

May 27, 2013, 6:39:27 AM5/27/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com

This sounds great, but I really think it is more of "a forward-looking statement" than imminent reality about to happen! :-)

Anybody involved in "spectrum" discussions, or regulator thereof "gongoozling" (OED "word of the day" for yesterday - http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/243201), especially when it involves multiple countries/continents, would probably agree with the above statement ..

McTim

May 27, 2013, 6:54:23 AM5/27/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:39 AM, Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes
<alps...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This sounds great, but I really think it is more of "a forward-looking
> statement" than imminent reality about to happen! :-)

There is a publicly available free-mium wifi service in Nairobi for
the last 18 months or so.

O2B seems to be taking forever, but Google put their cash in long ago.
Am not sure how far the blimp idea has gotten, but it sounds cool!

> Anybody involved in "spectrum" discussions, or regulator thereof
> "gongoozling" (OED "word of the day" for yesterday -
> http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/243201), especially when it involves multiple
> countries/continents, would probably agree with the above statement ..

Both the M$ and Google funded trials have been piloted in KE and ZA
respectively.

--
Cheers,

McTim
route indicates how we get there." Jon Postel