New issue 27 in vl70: Installer missing ntfs support for Gparted.

Bitbucket

Jan 22, 2012, 4:25:12 PM1/22/12
to asd...@gmail.com
--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 27: Installer missing ntfs support for Gparted.
https://bitbucket.org/VLCore/vl70/issue/27/installer-missing-ntfs-support-for-gparted

Jason Pierce / pierce_jason on Sun, 22 Jan 2012 22:25:12 +0100:

I'm not sure if this was intentionally left out or not, but I discovered that Gparted on the installer can not handle ntfs resizing or other ntfs operations. It is needing a .so from the ntfsprogs package.

following the issue.

M0E Lnx

Jan 22, 2012, 4:29:00 PM1/22/12
to vecto...@googlegroups.com

If this is the gambas installer,  it is definitely due to the underlying support for ntfs on thesl system.  A missing .so in the package would definitely cause this.  There is nothing in the installer code preventing this.  But then again, there is nothing in there to support it either.  It is completely left off for gparted to handle.

Jason Pierce

Jan 22, 2012, 4:36:23 PM1/22/12
to vectorlinux
Yea, the STD/Gold gambas installer. I believe the bootup environment
is just missing the ntfsprogs package. Maybe this was left out on
purpose to save some space?