"msvcrt-ruby18.dll missing" on Windows & Ruby 1.9.2

mike

Dec 1, 2010, 3:18:56 PM12/1/10
to Vagrant
https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues/labels/windows#issue/197

I'm really hoping to get a chance to play with vagrant but I can't get
past this issue. Has anyone discovered a work-around or is there a
fix in the works??

really appreciate any help,

thanks,
-mike

Luis Lavena

Dec 2, 2010, 8:39:31 AM12/2/10
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM, mike <mike0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues/labels/windows#issue/197
>
> I'm really hoping to get a chance to play with vagrant but I can't get
> past this issue.  Has anyone discovered a work-around or is there a
> fix in the works??

The problem is on json, not vagrant. And the solution is simple:

1) RubyInstaller (guess you already have it)

2) DevKit from downloads (4.5.0) and install with the following instructions:

http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit

3) Remove any existing json:

gem uninstall json json_pure --all

4) Force compilation:

gem install json --platform=ruby

That should do it.

I've complained on this in the past and provided all the building
blocks to flori (author of json gem) but he is not responsive.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17