Jobs in compilers and Scheme

Gordon V. Cormack

Dec 4, 2007, 12:30:44 PM12/4/07
Further to previous discussions about the "relevance"
of code generators, I pass on a note I received today:

-- The original note --

Hi Gordon,

We have developed a model driven architecture and framework that we are
using to build enterprise crm applications for highly integrated and
customized solutions in financial services. A key component of the
architecture is a scheme pcode compiler and interpreters for various
platforms. We are looking to hire someone to take over this component
to further optimize it, continue to enhance it, but most of all develop
a debugger integrated into the Eclipse IDE for it. We are looking for a
very smart, talented person with relevant experience. If you can offer
any assistance I would greatly appreciate it, and would like to schedule
a call to speak with you. I am out of town at the moment, but back in
Toronto on Friday.

Regards,

-- And a followup --

We are looking for someone with experience, but we are always interested
in smart young people as well as intern, coop, or full time.