Dr Java Error

Rezart Bajraktari

Jan 12, 2008, 2:43:42 AM1/12/08
Hi there,

I am trying to install DrJava on my laptop (running Windows Vista) but i
keep receiving the following error:

File: C:\Users\rez\Documents\CS134\Assignments\0\SimpleWriter.java
[line: (no source location)]
Error: error: error reading D:\DUMP\drjava-stable-20070828-1759.exe;
cannot read zip file entry

I have made sure that tools.jar is pointing to the correct path and also
made sure that the JRE version (1.6.04) and JDK version (1.6.04) match
as stated in some of the help files.

Still no luck. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Rezart Bajraktari

Jan 12, 2008, 1:04:51 PM1/12/08

It seems like i figured it out. For anyone having the same problem in
the future, just try to downgrade to one of the earlier updates. I was
using JDK 6 Update 4 and downgraded to 3 and all is working fine now.

Min L. Student

Jan 10, 2008, 5:53:18 PM1/10/08
that is not tools.jar it's resources.jar and it's under Program
Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\jre\lib\resources.jar

Gourav Biswas

Jan 13, 2008, 12:04:00 AM1/13/08

i have the exact same problem as well so i downgraded back to the JDK
1.5 that we used in last term's CS classes

it seemed to work fine

Joyce K

Jan 15, 2008, 7:00:41 AM1/15/08
Rezart Bajraktari 写道:

i have the same problem. but how to downgrade? i went to that website
and they only gave out the latest version.

CS 134 Tutor

Jan 15, 2008, 10:10:29 AM1/15/08

Good morning!
In order to "downgrade" to another version, please visit
<<http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp >> and chose the JDK
5.0 Update 14. Apparently, a lot of Vista users are having troubles with
the newer release, as well as a few XP users.

Hope this works! Happy coding :)
Fiona
CS134 Tutor