UTP-OSS Official Ubuntu Repository Feisty Fawn<Update>

Shahriman Sam

Apr 23, 2007, 11:56:15 AM4/23/07
to utp...@googlegroups.com
After 3 months of endless experiment i finally found not a perfect solution but working solution how to add the official repository for all the villages in UTP.  I know it's not nice but here is the method that you need to do Here is the step that you need to follow : )

For resident in V5

1. Download and save the file at desktop the file that is v5-mirror.list
2. Lunch up a terminal and copy this line all of this :

 sudo mv /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bak ; sudo cp ~/Desktop/v5-mirror.list /etc/apt/sources.list

3. Type aptitude update ; (ignore the gpg key error)

For resident outside of V5

Because our beloved network is filtered by the Network Box hence we need some form of TCP Connect  or simple word "https" as our saviour. but apt doesn`t support https method in the first place so it will be a little bit complex but i assure you a simple editing.
Steps you need to follow

1. Download all of the packages and save it to desktop . this is really important !!
2. Download and save to Desktop  the non-v5mirror.list
3. Lunch a terminal and do the following code step by step (# indicate new lines don`t type it)

#  cd Desktop
#  sudo dpkg -i *.deb  (*Answer yes if question occur)
#  sudo cp non-v5mirror.list /etc/apt/sources.list
#  cat kaget >> ~/.bashrc

Close the terminal and lunch a new one

To update your repository .

Instead of aptitude update, you use

# ahtitude update

To install a package instead of using apt-get we used

# ah-get  <option> <package_name>

I know it seems hard but i'll try to make a simple script for the future :) But it just works!! believe me!

--
Muhammad Shahriman bin Samsudin
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Student
Universiti Teknologi Petronas
http://groups.google.com/group/utp-oss
v5-mirror.list
libhtml-tree-perl_3.23-1_all.deb
kaget
non-v5mirror.list
apt-method-https_0.1-2_i386.deb
libwww-perl_5.805-1_all.deb
libcrypt-ssleay-perl_0.51-5_i386.deb
libdigest-sha1-perl_2.11-2_i386.deb
libhtml-parser-perl_3.56-1_i386.deb
libhtml-tagset-perl_3.10-2_all.deb
liburi-perl_1.35-2_all.deb

Yondie

Apr 24, 2007, 3:22:23 AM4/24/07
to UTP Open Source Society
I need to add some modification.. For non-v5 Residents.
in order to make the repo work properly you need to add this line at
the end of your .bashrc file so do this step.

1. Open up your terminal
2. Type in: gedit ~/.bashrc
3. Add the end of the line add this following text:

export https_proxy=http://160.0.234.2:8080

4. save

5. Close the terminal and run a new terminal
6. Type sudo aptitude update
7. Repos is configure properly and can be install using apt-get or
aptitude!

I`m not sure yet how to impose http_proxy at synaptic . will figure it
out sooner or later

> v5-mirror.list
> 2KDownload
>
> non-v5mirror.list
> 2KDownload
>
> apt-method-https_0.1-2_i386.deb
> 5KDownload
>
> libwww-perl_5.805-1_all.deb
> 476KDownload
>
> libcrypt-ssleay-perl_0.51-5_i386.deb
> 64KDownload
>
> libdigest-sha1-perl_2.11-2_i386.deb
> 32KDownload
>
> libhtml-parser-perl_3.56-1_i386.deb
> 142KDownload
>
> libhtml-tagset-perl_3.10-2_all.deb
> 18KDownload
>
> liburi-perl_1.35-2_all.deb
> 115KDownload
>
> libhtml-tree-perl_3.23-1_all.deb
> 276KDownload
>
> kaget
> 1KDownload

Hikaru Amano

Apr 24, 2007, 6:02:29 AM4/24/07
to utp...@googlegroups.com
On 4/24/07, Yondie <cha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to add some modification.. For non-v5 Residents.
> in order to make the repo work properly you need to add this line at
> the end of your .bashrc file so do this step.
>
> 1. Open up your terminal
> 2. Type in: gedit ~/.bashrc
> 3. Add the end of the line add this following text:
>
> export https_proxy=http://160.0.234.2:8080

ui .. this hack is not a kind hack ... any application that uses proxy
will be affected by this ... u dont want wget, elinks , <put whatever
console apps here> to be affected rite?

I would suggest u either use some sort of bash script to do this
instead of exporting values / create alias in bashrc

> 4. save
>
> 5. Close the terminal and run a new terminal
> 6. Type sudo aptitude update
> 7. Repos is configure properly and can be install using apt-get or
> aptitude!
>
> I`m not sure yet how to impose http_proxy at synaptic . will figure it
> out sooner or later

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru
天野晃 「あまの ひかる」
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS
ICT 2nd Year 1st Semester
mohd.izha...@gmail.com
kagese...@gmail.com
Blog: http://kagesenshi.blogspot.com

Shahriman Sam

Apr 24, 2007, 9:44:52 AM4/24/07
to utp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback and notation. :) I've create an automation script so you don`t need to donwload all of them :) Just download this file and simply run sudo sh test.sh
That's all  and it`s all setup :)

On 4/24/07, Hikaru Amano < kagese...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 4/24/07, Yondie < cha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to add some modification.. For non-v5 Residents.
> in order to make the repo work properly you need to add this line at
> the end of your .bashrc file so do this step.
>
> 1. Open up your terminal
> 2. Type in: gedit ~/.bashrc
> 3. Add the end of the line add this following text:
>
> export https_proxy= http://160.0.234.2:8080
test.sh