Utah Indie Games Night - July 26th 7pm (Neumont)

Greg Squire

Jul 10, 2012, 3:56:44 PM7/10/12
to Utah Indie Games
Hey Indies,

Okay, its time once again to announce another Utah Indie Games Night.
It will be held on Thursday July 26th at 7pm at Neumont University in
South Jordan.  Neumont will be hosting the event this time around, so
a big thanks goes to them for doing that.  The address to Neumont's
Campus is:

10701 S. River Front Parkway

South Jordan, UT 84095

Here's a map on how to get there (There's also a large Neumont
University sign on top of the building)

http://www.neumont.edu/cmsdocuments/NeumontMap.pdf

The format will be the usual informal get together to chat, eat, talk
about the industry, see what others are doing, show off your current
project and get feedback, etc. We will be having pizza there this
time, so please bring a small donation to help cover the cost of the
food.

We'll start the evening off with a formal presentation, and then we'll
break out into smaller groups for some game demos. If you have a demo
to show, please let me know before hand, so we can plan on it better.
Also, if you have any other questions, suggestions, announcements, or
something you think that would benefit the group, please let me know.
This is shaping up to be another outstanding and enjoyable night for
everyone. I hope to see everyone there!

Sincerely,

Greg Squire

Utah Indie Games Coordinator

http://www.utahindiegames.org

P.S.  I'm still looking for someone to give a short presentation at
the beginning of our meeting.  If you have something you'd like to
present or if you have a lead for a guest speaker, please let me know.
 Also if you'd like to present your game on one of the three big
screens, please bring either a standard VGA or HDMI cable connector to
hook up to your laptop or tablet.  Thanks.

Greg Squire

Jul 24, 2012, 12:32:44 PM7/24/12
to Utah Indie Games
Hey Indies,

Just sending out a reminder that about our Utah Indie Games Night is
in two days, Thursday July 26th at 7pm at Neumont University in South
Jordan. Again a big thanks to Neumont for offering us a place to hold
it. The address to Neumont's Campus is:

10701 S. River Front Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095

Here's a map on how to get there. There's also a large Neumont
University sign on top of the building and we'll be meeting up on the
second floor.
http://www.neumont.edu/cmsdocuments/NeumontMap.pdf

The format will be the usual informal gathering to chat, eat, talk
about the industry, see what others are doing, show off your current
project and get feedback, etc. We will be having pizza there this
time, so please bring a donation to help cover the cost of the food.

We'll start the evening off with a presentation from Josh Jones on
Experimental Gameplay. Then we'll break out into smaller groups for
some game demos. If you have a demo to show, please let me know before
hand, so we can plan on it better. Also, if you have any other
questions, suggestions, announcements, or something you think that
would benefit the group, please let me know. This is should be another
outstanding and enjoyable night for everyone. I hope to see everyone
there!

Sincerely,

Greg Squire
Utah Indie Games Coordinator
http://www.utahindiegames.org

Nick Day

Jul 25, 2012, 2:49:24 PM7/25/12
to utah-ind...@googlegroups.com
Hey Greg,

Quick request: I'm working on a student documentary project about indie games and I was wondering if you could ask Josh if I could film his presentation. I won't end up using a lot of footage (especially since the entire film is only going to be 5-8 minutes long) and I can't use the audio (non-synchronous audio requirement for the class), but I think it would make for a great addition to the film.

Thanks!

P.S. for everyone else reading this, don't be surprised if I request some footage of people playing your games or a short interview with you while I'm there! :]

vazor

Jul 27, 2012, 1:17:35 AM7/27/12
to utah-ind...@googlegroups.com
Hey all!
Here are all the links/keywords from the presentation.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/173353/Life_after_Dyad_Are_indie_games_all_grown_up_now.php

http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=4666

http://www.ludomancy.com/blog/2008/09/03/i-wish-i-were-the-moon/

http://www.lostgarden.com/2007/12/how-to-bootstrap-your-indie-art-needs.html