In our January meet-up we planned meeting to discuss Alfresco the last Friday of each January, April, July, and October.
That means that this Friday is time for another meetup. I apologize for the late notice; I'll do better planning for July (see below).
Eric Michie of the LDS Church Information and Communication Systems Department has generously offered to host our group again. We will be meeting at 11AM on April 27 at their Riverton Office. The meeting facility is excellent, but you will need to provide ID to get a guest badge. Address is:
3740 W Market Center Dr, Riverton, UT 84065
Eric will also be setting up a web cast for remote attendance, and details are at the bottom of this email.
Feel free to advertise your attendance (and get reminders for future meet-ups) at:
* After a recent visit to the Salt Lake Family History Library, Michael McCarthy of Tribloom whipped together an Alfresco Share Genealogy add-on. It's definitely a work-in-progress, but I asked him to provide a short demo because I suspect someone in the group might want to help turn it into a real project.
He provides an overview in this blog post:
* Some members of the group requested a Q&A discussion session to bounce around architectural decisions and current problems. This is where we will spend the bulk of the meeting. We obviously can't get too much into the details of specific environments, but perhaps we can help each other and learn together. If you want a question addressed, please email it to me and I'll try to look into it a bit before the meeting.
* I want to make sure you are aware of the DevCon dates and Call for Papers. DevCon Americas 2012 will be in San Jose an November 13-15. Proposals for sessions must be submitted by May 19. Some of you can give helpful case studies and technical deep-dive presentations, and I hope to encourage you to submit your abstract.
Information is at the DevCon blog.
Go ahead and enter into your calendar a reminder for the July and October meet-ups (go ahead and do it now; I'll wait). In July Tyler Cooper (who had a conflict with this week's meetup) will present about his team's Alfresco deployment. Perhaps he can use it as a dry-run for his DevCon presentation (hint-hint). We are looking for a presenter for October. Any volunteers?
If you have any questions, please reach out to me.
A new Cisco Unified MeetingPlace conference has been scheduled.
Date/Time: Apr 27, 2012, 11:00 AM (MST7MDT)
Duration: 1 hrs 30 mins
Meeting ID: 1100
Meeting password: Not required
Dial in Numbers: 801-240-2663 (Local/International) or 877-453-7266 (US Toll-free)
Join the meeting:
1. Go to http://meetingplace.ldschurch.org/a/7e9b1ebf051095ad00ac15743a0cf788
or http://meetingplace.ldschurch.org and enter your Meeting ID 1100 and click the "Attend Meeting" button
2. If requested, Sign in with your LDS Account or as a Guest
3. Select the desired "Connect Me" options and enter the phone number that you want MeetingPlace to call you at
4. Click the Connect button
To Attend the Conference Without Using your Computer:
1. Dial into 801-240-2663 (Local/International) or 877-453-7266 (US Toll-free)
2. Follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID 1100 and join the meeting