Fwd : Today is World Refugee Day : 65.5 million souls in our world have been forcibly displaced

1 view

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 20, 2017, 5:00:28 PM6/20/17
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

Today is World Refugee Day : 65.5 million souls in our world have been forcibly displaced

Thousands of economic migrants still drowning in the sea between Libya and Italy

Kenneth Harrow

Jun 20, 2017, 8:25:02 PM6/20/17
to usaafricadialogue
Thank you for posting this. it is a crucial crucial issue, perhaps the most pressing of our times
ken

Kenneth Harrow

Dept of English and Film Studies

Michigan State University

619 Red Cedar Rd

East Lansing, MI 48824

517-803-8839

har...@msu.edu

http://www.english.msu.edu/people/faculty/kenneth-harrow/

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Michael Afolayan

Jun 21, 2017, 8:01:43 AM6/21/17
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for a reminder, Cornelius. Sadly, many do not know how macabre this matter is around the world. In Nigeria alone, there are 3.3 million internally displaced persons, and with the Boko Haram insurgency, ethnic violence, political harassments, economic threats, natural disasters, especially droughts, the number grows by the day.

Michael

Olajumoke Yacob-Haliso

Jun 21, 2017, 2:22:18 PM6/21/17
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
This is a wonderful reminder indeed; thank you Sir Cornelius. Whenever we go to sleep in our comfortable beds, let us spare a thought for the millions of refugees who cannot find a place to call home. Perhaps we can find them in our neighbourhoods and help them, or we can find a way to assist the organizations that help them around the world.

Jumoke