Ibadan School of History

Moses Ebe Ochonu

Jan 19, 2017, 4:04:07 PM1/19/17
to USAAfricaDialogue
Can anyone on this list please point me to any articles (or books) on the Ibadan School of History pioneered by Dike, Ayandele, et al. Thanks.

Abubakar Momoh

Jan 19, 2017, 6:51:06 PM1/19/17
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Moses Ebe Ochonu, USAAfricaDialogue
Moses,
Haba..!!! Are you being sarcastic or what? Kenneth Dike and Emmanuel Ayandele did pioneering works and you (should) know that, given the era of Northern Nigeria history that you studied.
Does your " et al" cover JF Ade Ajayi, Tekena Tamuno, Obaro Ikime, etc?
Na wa for you oooo.....
Abu

On Thu, 19 Jan, 2017 at 19:36, Moses Ebe Ochonu

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Ibrahim Abdullah

Jan 19, 2017, 8:14:34 PM1/19/17
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
No Nigerian scholar has really studied that history.
A colleague-- Austin Adeoye--was doing his phd dissertation on that subject when he suddenly passed away.

He however published two articles before he passed--in African Review and History in Africa.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2017, at 12:15 AM, Ibrahim Abdullah <ibdu...@gmail.com> wrote:

The best work on the Ibadan school is an unpublished dissertation written in 1977.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2017, at 12:14 AM, Ibrahim Abdullah <ibdu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Say that again!!!!

----

Sent from my iPhone

Ibrahim Abdullah

Ibrahim Abdullah

Jan 19, 2017, 8:15:02 PM1/19/17
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Moses Ebe Ochonu
Say that again!!!!

----

Sent from my iPhone

Moses Ochonu

Jan 19, 2017, 9:14:42 PM1/19/17
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Ibrahim, could you please give us the reference to that 1977 dissertation? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

Moses Ochonu

Jan 19, 2017, 9:14:55 PM1/19/17
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Abu,

I am chastised. I violated the first rule of naming. If you're going to name, name all or don't name any.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad