NIGERIA + BOSNIA MATCH WHITE COMMENTATORS

Akurang-Parry, Kwabena

Jun 21, 2014, 7:41:32 PM6/21/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Am I the only hearing too much bias against Nigeria in the white commentators' perspectives on the on-going World Cup match between Nigeria and Bosnia-Herzegovina? I think commentators need as much training as referees and lines-people!

Kwabena

woc...@yahoo.com

Jun 21, 2014, 8:17:37 PM6/21/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Well it does not matter now whether they were white or black commentators . Nigeria won 1-0 and Bosnia is out with their commentators.
Congratulations Super Eagles and Nigeria.
Bisi Olateru-Olagbegi
Executive Director,
Women Consortium of Nigeria (WOCON)
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

From: "Akurang-Parry, Kwabena" <KAP...@ship.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 23:33:54 +0000
Subject: USA Africa Dialogue Series - NIGERIA + BOSNIA MATCH WHITE COMMENTATORS

Am I the only hearing too much bias against Nigeria in the white commentators' perspectives on the on-going World Cup match between Nigeria and Bosnia-Herzegovina? I think commentators need as much training as referees and lines-people!

Kwabena

kenneth harrow

Jun 22, 2014, 7:53:55 AM6/22/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
i heard the bias too. the business about the first bosnian goal, denied b/c of offside, was the subject of endless complaint
even if they were right, they didn't move on
ken
--
kenneth w. harrow
faculty excellence advocate

ienwana

Jun 22, 2014, 7:54:06 AM6/22/14
to wocon95 via USA Africa Dialogue Series
we once had an 'uneducated' police officer who teased that despite. his level of education he was progressing in his career! Bravo Nigeria!

Pablo

Jun 22, 2014, 7:54:14 AM6/22/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, I don care if dey black or white, Naija won, an deservedly so.

Keshi, not that you care, nor should you, but I saw a peek of the Nigeria that you played for.
Congrats,

Sent from my grandfather's typewriter

ugo...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2014, 7:54:16 AM6/22/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
But we are all entitled to unbiased commentary if not they should not air it

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Jun 22, 2014, 7:54:23 AM6/22/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
But we are all entitled to unbiased commentary if not they should not air it

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:27:53 AM6/22/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

By the way on a second look at the replay it was a clear off side!

Cheers.

IBK

kenneth harrow

Jun 22, 2014, 11:31:05 PM6/22/14
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
i saw  that too. they played it numerous times.
but the announcers wouldn't stop mentioning it, as if it were an affront that the nigerians were ahead.
after a while it began to grate
ken