Re: Yoruba Affairs - Aderemi Raji-Oyelade, Humboldt Alumni 2017 Awardee.

olaniyi rasheed

Mar 24, 2017, 6:43:31 AM3/24/17
to Toyin Falola, Adeshina Afolayan, USAAfricaDialogue, Yoruba Affairs, yorubaaffa...@googlegroups.com, Toyin Falola, Michael Afolayan, idowu olayinka

Congratulations to our former Dean of Arts, Prof. Aderemi Raji-Oyelade.

Rasheed

Rasheed O. Olaniyi, PhD
Senior Lecturer
Department of History,
University of Ibadan,
Ibadan, Nigeria.
Email:rasol...@yahoo.com, rasheed...@hotmail.com
Mobile Phone:+234-8033358474

On Thu, 3/23/17, Ademola Dasylva <dasy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Yoruba Affairs - Aderemi Raji-Oyelade, Humboldt Alumni 2017 Awardee.
To: "Toyin Falola" <toyin...@austin.utexas.edu>, "Adeshina Afolayan" <shina7...@yahoo.com>, "USAAfricaDialogue" <USAAfric...@googlegroups.com>, "Yoruba Affairs" <yoruba...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Toyin Falola" <toyin....@mail.utexas.edu>, "Michael Afolayan" <mafo...@yahoo.com>, "idowu olayinka" <aiola...@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 7:46 PM

Dear
All, join me in congratulating ‎a dear colleague and
friend in the Department of English, a Poet, literary
critic, theorist and the immediate past Dean of Arts,
University of Ibadan, Nigeria, for emerging as one of the
four recipients of 2017 edition of the Alumni
Award.
This
is a well deserved laurel in recognition of your profound
scholarly contribution. Keep up the good work,
brother.

          *****
Aderemi Raji-Oyelade, a professor in the Department
of English, University of Ibadan, has been announced as a
winner of the Humboldt Alumni Award 2017 for Innovative
Networking Initiatives. The
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to four Humboldt
Alumni Awards per year to promote innovative networking
initiatives of alumni of the Alexander von Humboldt
Foundation’s fellowship and award programmes. It is
designed to support initiatives not covered by the
Foundation's existing sponsorship and alumni programmes,
and to promote academic and cultural relations between
Germany and the Humboldt Alumni's own countries and
strengthen their collaboration in the respective
regions. In a
statement by Dr.
Enno Aufderheide, the
General Secretary of the Foundation, “This award shall give you the opportunity
to implement your proposed networking initiative as well as
contribute to support sustainable academic and cultural
relations between Germany and your home country, and to
strengthen the regional alumni network. I would like to
offer my congratulations on this exceptional
achievement.” Raji-Oyelade’s award-winning project is entitled
“Postproverbial Africa: Building a Corpora of Wits in
Texts, Media and Performance”, a trans-national initiative
which brings African scholars in the humanities together
with the ultimate aim of contributing to the body of modern
and radical proverbs which are created mainly in urban
communities almost all over the African
continent. The
Humboldt Alumni Award ceremony will take place in June 2017
during the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s Annual
Meeting in Berlin. Funding for the award is being provided
by the German Foreign Office.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/yorubaaffairs.