USA Africa Dialogue Series - So both Ancient Egypt & China knew about the Source of the Nile i.e. 'Lake Victoria'?

Chambi Chachage

May 23, 2010, 4:29:00 AM5/23/10
to Olusegun Morakinyo
I find the following responses from two historians quite illuminating - makes one wonders why China did not imperialize/colonise the whole of Africa:

Date:    Thu, May 20, 2010

REPLY 1

From:    A.N.Alto...@lse.ac.uk

Dear Nate,

In case you do make it to Cairo, there is a small library at the
Afro-Asian People's Solidarity Organisation (AAPSO) which might also be of
interest. I made a brief visit there last May. TANU, the Tanganyikan ANC
and the ZNP were all associated with AAPSO from the late 1950s. The
Organisation has an extensive collection of conference reports, some
bulletins and a limited number of archival files.

If I recall correctly, the British National Archives also has a file on
the effects of Radio Cairo broadcasts in East Africa (or specifically in
Zanzibar).

Kind regards,
Alicia

Alicia Altorfer-Ong
PhD Candidate, Department of International History

Researcher, Hashim Mbita Project

REPLY 2

From:    "Olusengun Morakinyo" <Oluse...@robben-island.org.za>

Dear Scholars,

Please, I am interested in this research. I have a deferred hypothesis to
follow Leftkowitz challenge [in 'Not out of Africa'] to find the
relationship of ancient Egyptian civilization to the region ofEeast Africa
and surely the archive you are pointing to will have something of value.
Please do keep me posted. Thanking you.

Regards,
Olusegun Morakinyo

236A.jpg