Walking Through the Cold

mimus

Jan 5, 2012, 1:34:27 PM1/5/12
An Occupy Wall Street "Winter War" Picket-Song

(Sung to a slow walking cadence, accent on "walk-" and "cold" in the
chorus-line, "cold" held for a beat and a half)

We carry our signs in the snow and wind.
We carry our signs in the snow and wind.
We carry our signs in the snow and wind.
We're walking in the cold.
We're walking in the cold.

Our hearts are on fire, our hands and feet are numb.
Our hearts are on fire, our hands and feet are numb.
Our hearts are on fire, our hands and feet are numb.
We're walking in the cold.
We're walking in the cold.
We're walking in the cold.

Dupes shout "Get a job", and dupes shout "Go home."
Dupes shout "Get a job", and dupes shout "Go home."
Dupes shout "Get a job", and dupes shout "Go home."
We're walking through the cold.
We're walking through the cold.
We're walking through the cold.

We'll claw back the money and the jobs you stole.
We'll claw back the money and the jobs you stole.
We'll claw back the money and the jobs you stole.
We're walking through the cold.
We're walking through the cold.
We're walking through the cold.

We'll walk to Spring and end your plutocracy.
We'll walk to Spring and end your plutocracy.
We'll walk to Spring and end your plutocracy.
We're walking through the cold
We're walking through the cold.
We're walking through the cold.

We're walking through the cold.

[Composed while walking back and forth for three hours on the Occupy
Ashland (KY) picket-line alone the evening of January 2, 2012, with
the temperature in the high 20s F and falling, a brisk W/NW wind, and
spatters of snow.]

--

http://jdkabc.blogspot.com/2011/10/beyond-plutocracy-and-its-two.html

http://jdkabc.blogspot.com/2011/10/beyond-plutocracy-and-its-two_06.html

http://jdkabc.blogspot.com/2011/08/imtob.html

Checkmate

Jan 5, 2012, 2:34:51 PM1/5/12
Checkmate!
But did it change anything? WILL it change anything? IMO, no, because
our government needs to be fixed the same way it was fixed in 1776.

--
Checkmate
Copyright © 2011

mimus

Jan 5, 2012, 2:37:46 PM1/5/12
Patience, patience, patience.
Persistence, persistence, persistence.
"Never forget, never forgive."

--

If only we'd hung a few financiers, speculators, bankers,
regulators and politicians after 1929, we'd wouldn't be in

Smee

Jan 8, 2012, 12:34:13 PM1/8/12
> this mess today.- Hide quoted text -

This is a possibility. However, them suckers is pretty slippery and
the new generations would have slithered, did slither, into position
to loot again.

Smee

meowmix

Jan 9, 2012, 8:57:53 AM1/9/12
On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 09:34:13 -0800 (PST), Smee <zi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
i was watching the news last night and was supprized to find out why
bankers and other over paid arseholes get so much money. it transpires
that shareholders don't own shares long enough to care about what
people are paid as shares are often owned for a day or two to, i'm
suprized by this, just a few seconds. the whole thing is out of
control and there is noone to reign it all in.

--

mhm x v i x i i i

mimus

Jan 9, 2012, 4:24:08 PM1/9/12
I like this quote, from, well:

http://jdkabc.blogspot.com/2010/11/last-british-labour-politician-worth.html

--

A good man. A bit rough, but a good one.

mimus

Jan 9, 2012, 4:25:59 PM1/9/12
Here's what it looked like that afternoon, while it was still only
freezing:

http://twitpic.com/85da2i

--

The shit yer perverted conscience can get ya into.

mimus

Jan 9, 2012, 4:22:09 PM1/9/12
On Jan 9, 8:57 am, meowmix <meow.mix@FUCK_OFF_SPAMMER_meow.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 09:34:13 -0800 (PST), Smee <z...@hotmail.com>
> >> If only we'd hung a few financiers, speculators, bankers,
> >> regulators and politicians after 1929, we'd wouldn't be in
> >> this mess today.
>
> > This is a possibility. However, them suckers is pretty slippery and
> > the new generations would have slithered, did slither, into position
> > to loot again.
>
> >Smee
>
> i was watching the news last night and was supprized to find out why
> bankers and other over paid arseholes get so much money. it transpires
> that shareholders don't own shares long enough to care about what
> people are paid as shares are often owned for a day or two to, i'm
> suprized by this, just a few seconds. the whole thing is out of
> control and there is noone to reign it all in.

Ain't no money in reignin' it in.

--

So that settles that, for the present US and UK regimes.