stgeorge.rb - March 2nd @ 7:00p

Jeff Poulton

Feb 18, 2011, 6:47:07 PM2/18/11
to Utah Ruby Users Group
Looks like we're on for the first official stgeorge.rb meetup. March
2nd @ 7:00 PM. Not a lot of lead time, but I'd like to become official
prior to Mt. West.

I'm still nailing down a permanent location, so for March 2nd we'll be
meeting at my company's office. Pizza on the house (along with the
usual stock of juices, candy, nuts, and corndogs).

1140 E. 100 So., Ste. 6 (Troon Park offices adjacent to Applebee's)
St. George, UT

The current plan is to meet on the 1st Wednesday of each month at
7:00p, but we'll take a poll during the first meeting to firm things
up (eg. maybe lunch time work better for most people).

Kendall Gifford

Mar 3, 2011, 5:41:46 PM3/3/11
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting this on Jeff, that was great. Now us St. Georgians can begin to feel like first class URUG members :).

Aaron D. Gifford

Mar 3, 2011, 7:25:36 PM3/3/11
to ur...@googlegroups.com
And thanks for the pizza.

Aaron out.

Jeff Poulton

Mar 4, 2011, 2:37:27 PM3/4/11
to Utah Ruby Users Group
Thanks Brothers Gifford.

For everybody else, we had a fabulous turnout for our first meeting
(17 people; not bad for St. George). A lot of strong enthusiasm for
ruby. The two rails engineers from Upillar.com, Jaden and Isaac, will
be putting on a two-part Intro to Rails 3 workshop to get some of the
members newer to ruby up-to-speed.

For the norther rb'ers, about eight to ten of us will be at Mt. West,
so hopefully we'll have a chance to meet some of you.