OpenCms: Problems with UrlRewriteWrappedResponse

pbirchmeier

Oct 6, 2005, 2:39:43 PM10/6/05
to UrlRewrite
Hi all

I'm using OpenCms on a ISP, so it is difficult for me to change the
httpd.conf in order to rewrite urls. So UrlRewriteFilter came in the
right point in time, because thanks to this tool i'm able to setup the
url rewriting mechanism in tomcat...

thanks for that great tool!

but now to the point:
Unfortunately OpenCms in its actual version 6.0.0 shows strange
behaviors when using together with UrlRewriteFilter. On the first
sight, everything seems to work properly. Then, on the OpenCms
workplace, you open a file in an editor and try to close it - you'll
get a blank page! I tested this problem with several
UrlRewriteFilter-configurations and finally concluded, that it must be
a general problem. I wrote a similiar, in functionality strongly
reduced rewrite tool and it worked. So I rewatched the source code and
replaced all response-wrapper references by the original response
references, and voila: full success...
(ok outbound-rules don't work anymore by this approach)

in details:
in the UrlRewriteFilter class, in the doFilter method, i replaced all
request objects urlRewriteWrappedResponse by hsResponse.

don't ask me about the reason... i have no idea. in the OpenCms source
code, i found several sendForward-calls, which must have caused the
problems.

now my question to the inventor of this tool:
Do you know that phenomenon? and would a configuration property to
optionally switch off the UrlRewriteWrappedResponse-functionality (or
with other words the outbounds-rules-functionality) make sense to be
integrated?

see: http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q4/019939.html

thanks for any comments.. and hints

kind regards,