mixed language messages

jess

Dec 26, 2005, 5:33:18 PM12/26/05
to urdu
If you note, my last two messages have used Unicode control characters
to write the Urdu text interspersed with English words. If you are
reading these in Gmail, you may have noticed that the messages do not
seem to make sense. Gmail seems to ignore some of the Unicode control
characters in the text. Two solutions:

1) Read the messages with the web interface.
http://groups.google.com/group/urdu/

2) When viewing Urdu Gmail, in FireFox context menu (right-click),
select "SWITCH PAGE DIRECTION." This will fix the problem and the mixed
Urdu/English message will make sense. If you are in a textbox in Gmail,
use the FireFox context menu, "SWITCH TEXT DIRECTION."

I will be interested in knowing if these tips work for you. Or if you
are using another browser or email client, what is the situation there?