Are you still working???

Garrett

Mar 3, 2011, 1:45:07 PM3/3/11
to unladen...@googlegroups.com
Is Unladen Swallow still under development, or has the project been abandoned?

-Josiah

Collin Winter

Mar 11, 2011, 1:30:49 PM3/11/11
to praen...@gmail.com, unladen...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Garrett <praen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is Unladen Swallow still under development, or has the project been abandoned?

The project has effectively stagnated at this point. There has not been sufficient sustained interest to keep the project motivated.

Collin

Reid Kleckner

Mar 11, 2011, 2:21:57 PM3/11/11
to Collin Winter, praen...@gmail.com, unladen...@googlegroups.com

On the airplane I started writing a retrospective which I'd like to
put in a blog post and talk about why we started, why we stopped, and
what we learned. Watch this space. :)

Reid

Chris Mulligan

Mar 11, 2011, 12:56:16 PM3/11/11
to Unladen Swallow
The folks who were previously working on it full time have moved to
other projects. See the thread from September 2010 - January 2011
called "Current Status of Unladen-Swallow."

Garrett

Mar 11, 2011, 4:05:19 PM3/11/11
to Reid Kleckner, Collin Winter, unladen...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.  I'm sorry to hear that the project stopped, but I'm glad to hear and see that a lot of valuable things have still been gained through your efforts.

-Josiah
--
Lord have mercy.

Dun Peal

Mar 26, 2011, 1:41:40 PM3/26/11
to Unladen Swallow
On Mar 11, 2:21 pm, Reid Kleckner <reid.kleck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the airplane I started writing a retrospective which I'd like to
> put in a blog post and talk about why we started, why we stopped, and
> what we learned.  Watch this space.  :)
>
> Reid

+1 for posting this.

.D

Dun Peal

Mar 25, 2011, 3:40:10 PM3/25/11
to Unladen Swallow
On Mar 11, 2:21 pm, Reid Kleckner <reid.kleck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the airplane I started writing a retrospective which I'd like to
> put in a blog post and talk about why we started, why we stopped, and
> what we learned.  Watch this space.  :)

I, for one, would be very interested in reading that post...

.D

Jesse Noller

Mar 26, 2011, 8:57:15 PM3/26/11
to Dun Peal, Unladen Swallow

Dun Peal

Mar 28, 2011, 1:33:23 PM3/28/11
to Unladen Swallow
Thanks for the post, Reid.

.D

P.S. sorry for the multi-post; the day after my post, when it failed
to appear (despite "post successful" feedback) I assumed I triggered
some over-general SPAM filter, and re-posted with different phrasing.