New Chapter: Un-conferencing in the Enterprise

1 view

kha...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2007, 4:34:42 AM8/28/07
to Unconference : The Book
All,

I just added a chapter called "Un-conferencing in the Enterprise". I'm
still fathoming the various milestones for this book from the wiki.
However, I have started my research already. Let me know, if anybody
is interested in contributing for this chapter.

What this chapter is about?
An enterprise un-conference is something which is for the employees of
an organization and is not open to public (e.g. Yahoo Hackday had it's
own enterprise avatar before they did a similar thing in 2006 Oct for
the valley geeks).

This chapter is about (a) examples of several large organizations
successfully using un-conferences (b) How un-conferences can be used
for increasing productivity and learning in a large organization).

Is the book (and it's audience) going to value from this newly added
chapter?

Regards,
Indus

Lisa Heft

Sep 1, 2007, 2:06:39 AM9/1/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Indus - you may wish to check with what is the latest vision for the
book - at any rate, welcome! Do know that Open Space, something that
Unconferences were first based on, has been around since 1985 and is used in
organizations for task work, meetings, increasing productivity and more. It
has been used around the world in a diverse range of businesses, cultures,
countries. So just an idea that you may be writing about something that has
a much wider impact and useage on/in the world than you may know. Or: you
may know that already ;o)

I'm traveling and unable to check in often but I'm sure Sudhir and others
can let you know what the current status of the book is and current focus
for chapters so you can see where to jump on in...

Cheers,
Lisa

L i s a H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator