Dear Umstead Marathon Interest Google Group,
The Carolina Godiva Track Club is pleased to announce that the 9th
Annual Umstead Trail Marathon will be held Saturday, March 3, 2012 in
the beautiful William B. Umstead State Park in Raleigh, North
Carolina. There will only be on-line registration, and this will open
Wednesday November 30 at 8:00 am est. We are limited to 200
runners and we suspect the field will fill quickly, so don't delay!
You may register online through Active.com at
There will be NO race day registration.
- Saturday, March 3, 2012, 9:00 am.
- $65 entry
- Course: Hilly; Some rocky, rooty single-track; Hilly; Mostly wide
sand and dirt bridle trails; Hilly.
- NO headphones, baby joggers, or pets.
- No refunds or transfers.
- No day-of-race registration.
- Time cut-offs will be based on a maximum 6 hour finishing time.
- Parking is limited at the race headquarters. Parking lots near
headquarters will be assigned to runners and volunteers only. Once
parked, your vehicle may not leave until you are ready to leave for
the day. (I.e. Your spectator may not drive your car out of your
assigned lot and expect to get back to that lot before you finish.)
- Spectators wanting to come later that morning will park at Camp
Crabtree and will have to be able to walk about a mile to get to the
headquarters. They will have to walk that same distance to get back
to their cars - - - and it is uphill getting back to the cars. Make
sure they can walk this far before inviting them to see you finish.
- Runners getting dropped off will have to be able to walk at least a
half mile to get to the headquarters. After the marathon, that half
mile walk is up hill.
What you get with your entry:
- At least 26.2 miles of beautiful trail, plenty of hills, and passing
discomfort, followed by an abiding sense of accomplishment.
- The coolest technical race T-shirt you will ever own.
- A Goody Bag to beat all goody bags.
- Distinctive Finisher's Pint Glass (note to medal collectors: we
offer pint glasses in place of medals).
- Handmade awards.
- Chances to win fabulous door prizes.
- Delicious Post Race Meal.
Individual awards will be given to the top fifteen (15) males and top
fifteen (15) females.
If you have any questions, send an e-mail to
We need quite a few volunteers to put on this marathon. If you can't
run the marathon, please consider volunteering. Also, if you know of
someone who has shown interest in volunteering, please encourage them
to do so. There will be a link on the main Umstead Marathon website to
sign up as a volunteer.
The Carolina Godiva Track Club:
The Carolina Godiva Track Club (CGTC) has served the RTP area of North
Carolina for 32 years. CGTC supports a number of races and programs,
including a Winter Trail Running Series, Coach Bubba 20k & 4 miler,
The Bruce Koenig Memorial Running Start Program, a Summer Track
Series, and an annual Marathon Training Program. Check out our
website at www.carolinagodiva.org.
We will always respect your privacy and personal information!