Tiny Types usage

Fabrício Cabral

Apr 11, 2013, 2:04:29 PM4/11/13
to umlf...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody!

What do you think about usage of tiny types to modeling your
systems? Do you agree or disagree? What kind of benefits it
bring to your system?

Some links about this subject:

H. S. Lahman

Apr 12, 2013, 1:35:33 PM4/12/13
to umlf...@googlegroups.com
Responding to Cabral...

What do you think about usage of tiny types to modeling your
systems? Do you agree or disagree? What kind of benefits it
bring to your system?

Some links about this subject:

Uh, where are the extra classes he is talking about? All I see are user specified ADTs that will be mapped to primitive hardware types in a header file for the compiler.

As a translationist, I haven't written any OOPL code in nearly two decades, but back when I was doing that, this was already SOP and you got your thumbs broken if you didn't do it to allow stronger error checking by the compiler's preprocessor. In fact, I used to do this in C, where there weren't any classes, back in the late '70s.

   -- Schopenhauer

Imagine how much more difficult physics would be if electrons had feelings
   -- Richard Feynman

Rene Descartes went into a bar. The bartender asked if he would like a drink. Descartes said, "I think not," and disappeared.

H. S. Lahman
H.la...@verizon.net
software blog: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman/index.html
software book: Model Based Development, Addison-Wesley, 2011
geology book: The Evolution and Utilization of Marine Resources, MIT Press, 1972