Tesco to offer VOIP service

Doz

Jan 19, 2006, 7:01:03 AM1/19/06
See the news here: http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2005/dec/1245962.htm
Or on the BBC news website.

Doz

Jan 19, 2006, 7:02:53 AM1/19/06
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:01:03 +0000, Doz wrote:

> See the news here: http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2005/dec/1245962.htm
> Or on the BBC news website.

more: apparently it connects to the PC similar to skype.. 2p per minute was
quoted.. pah!

Thomas Sandford

Jan 19, 2006, 7:45:53 AM1/19/06
"Doz" <D...@Doz.Doz> wrote in message

Looking at the back-end provider (Freshtel) I think it probably will be a
sip (maybe even IAX!) service - it's just that to sell it to the masses they
are bundling it with a USB handset so people think it's a proper phone...

--
Thomas Sandford

Peter Corlett

Jan 19, 2006, 9:20:42 AM1/19/06
Doz <Use...@news.groups> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:01:03 +0000, Doz wrote:
[...]

>> See the news here:
>> http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2005/dec/1245962.htm Or on the BBC
>> news website.
> more: apparently it connects to the PC similar to skype.. 2p per
> minute was quoted.. pah!

I'll wait until they do a Tesco Value version with a vile blue and
white handset but costs a third of the price :)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger ab...@mooli.org.uk for full key

Martin Lukasik

Jan 19, 2006, 9:56:03 AM1/19/06
> I'll wait until they do a Tesco Value version with a vile blue and
> white handset but costs a third of the price :)

Yeah, happy Christmas 2010... ;-)

m.