Netbook on pay as you connection.

john hamilton

Aug 11, 2011, 10:25:32 AM8/11/11
Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
occaisional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.

It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment at a
reasonable price?

What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay as you
go; and still be mobile? Thanks.

Steve Terry

Aug 11, 2011, 10:28:31 AM8/11/11
john hamilton wrote:
> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
> occasional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.

> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment
> at a reasonable price?
>
> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay
> as you go; and still be mobile? Thanks.

Per Mb, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, download limits??

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and £5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

William Black

Aug 11, 2011, 1:40:16 PM8/11/11
MacDonalds...

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.

john hamilton

Aug 12, 2011, 3:01:04 AM8/12/11

"Steve Terry" <gfou...@tesco.net> wrote in message

> john hamilton wrote:
>> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
>> occasional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.
>>
>> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment
>> at a reasonable price?
>>
>> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay
>> as you go; and still be mobile? Thanks.
>>
> Per Mb, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, download limits??
>
> Steve Terry

At the most, it would be two or three emails a day and perhaps a
quarter of an hour online.

Andy Burns

Aug 12, 2011, 3:32:51 AM8/12/11
john hamilton wrote:

> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
> occaisional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.
>
> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment at a
> reasonable price?

Also check out the HP DM1z or Lenovo S205, I've just bought one of the
latter to replace a Dell Mini9.

I don't think anyone is selling the 3G model here yet, and the 2nd mPCIe
slot isn't fitted to the WiFi-only model, so you can't fit one yourself.

Steve Terry

Aug 12, 2011, 10:08:02 AM8/12/11
Regularly daily or just occasionally?
Monthly add ons can sometimes work out less than daily occasional use.

e.g. Ringfenced Three 3Pay monthly for £5 (2gb d/l limit) can be cheaper
than say 6 days in a month on a £1 each day tariff

Steve Slatcher

Feb 26, 2012, 7:00:10 AM2/26/12
Buy a 3G Kindle.

The browsing experience is not great, but completely free. The only
cost is that of the hardware.

--
www.winenous.co.uk

(PeteCresswell)

Feb 26, 2012, 9:30:07 AM2/26/12
Per Steve Slatcher:
>> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay as you
>> go; and still be mobile? Thanks.
>
>Buy a 3G Kindle.
>
>The browsing experience is not great, but completely free. The only
>cost is that of the hardware.

Alternatively, determine whether or not you have
sufficiently-frequent access to unsecured WiFi hotspots and just
go with any device that supports WiFi and a browser.

This may sound marginal, but I am surprised at the number of
people I know who do not have an ISP service for their home.
Instead, they have a neighbor whose router is unsecured and they
just use that (with, of course, the neighbor's approval).
--
Pete Cresswell

Deux

Feb 27, 2012, 8:21:36 AM2/27/12
What has 3G Kindle got to do with voicemail hacking? You've changed the
thread subject to one posted previously for some reason.

Why have you changed the OP's name to mine? I didn't post in the thread
you replied to yet your post says I wrote it.

<http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom.voip/browse_frm/thread/33f1a03dfe2a973a/ebbbce03c8665d8d>

Graham.

Feb 27, 2012, 3:09:43 PM2/27/12
The hacking thread is one I started on 7 Aug.
I have no idea how Steve managed to resurrect it, I suppose it must
have been an accident.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Deux

Feb 27, 2012, 3:42:55 PM2/27/12
Very odd. Steve seems to have taken elements from two different threads
and merged them together, taking the poster and subject from one thread
and the body and message-id from another. Both threads are from August.

Steve Slatcher

Feb 28, 2012, 3:20:07 PM2/28/12
On 27/02/2012 20:42, Deux wrote:

> Very odd. Steve seems to have taken elements from two different threads
> and merged them together, taking the poster and subject from one thread
> and the body and message-id from another. Both threads are from August.

Pretty impressive, eh? :)

Sorry for the confusion. No idea how I managed it. I just happened to
notice a post (that actually was not very far down my list in my
Thunderbird newreader) and replied in what I thought was the normal way.

--
www.winenous.co.uk

Windmill

Feb 29, 2012, 6:52:46 PM2/29/12
It used to be referred to as 'bit rot' :-)

--
Windmill, Til...@Nonetel.com Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m